Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McBride, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no change at McBride for the past week
1709423831310.png

Thanks for all your effort keeping us updated on this, Softcoder!

Might be a weather related delay? Not the best paving weather time of year.

How would you estimate the drive would be between McBribe and Prince George, in winter, in a Model 3 Standard Range, battery wise? Problem is that there isn't any town or anything to put another supercharger between these two, that I can see on the map.

Between Valemont and Clearwater there could be one potentially at Avola or Blue River, but nothing on this one.

I've driven Prince George to McBride this winter in -30C in my 2020 AWD and had 25% remaining (made a video on my youtube channel about it 'Tesla Prince'). Just drive slowly until you know you are safely close enough to the other side, I had driven 105 km/h in -30C.

There are 2 x 25kw ministry of transport CCS/Chademo chargers at the Slim Creek Rest area between PG and McBride as well as a J1772 charger. Slim Creek Rest Area | Bend, BC | EV Station

I've driven Prince George to McBride this winter in -30C in my 2020 AWD and had 25% remaining (made a video on my youtube channel about it 'Tesla Prince'). Just drive slowly until you know you are safely close enough to the other side, I had driven 105 km/h in -30C.

There are 2 x 25kw ministry of transport CCS/Chademo chargers at the Slim Creek Rest area between PG and McBride as well as a J1772 charger. Slim Creek Rest Area | Bend, BC | EV Station

Good to know there is something between PG and McBribe. It might be a tight one with a SR in winter to make it without at least a little bit of charging at Slim Creek. Hopefully the Flo works when you need it!

Seeing as there is already a Flo that means there is power at that spot so the chance a small Supercharger station going in at Slim Creek may be above zero, I would think, looking to the future.