Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mechanicsville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V2s share power with their peer stall so if someone else was charging next to you, you were probably only getting what was leftover. The chargers are numbered 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, etc. If someone is using 2a, don't use 2b. One of the biggest benefits of V3s is that they do not share power between the chargers. Each car will get the maximum power its battery will allow on V3s.
Yep, I'm always careful to avoid sharing a numbered charger at V2 stations. One of the confusing things is that the 8 original stalls at Glen Allen are not set up with paired chargers next to each other. They are 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 1b, 2b, 3b, 4b (instead of 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b,...) You can be a 2a and have someone at 2b which is four stalls away. A lot of drivers don't realize this. The other 12 newer stalls are paired next to each other.

Reactions: theflyer
@corywright

29A669F8-3DE5-4F14-B5DA-58FE85D956C0.jpeg

I should have my model 3 by the end of the month. We will usually charge at home but this will be my go to supercharger for times I need a faster fill up. When you look at this in the car does it show the rate per kWh? I don’t see that information on the Tesla website but maybe I don’t know where to look.

I should have my model 3 by the end of the month. We will usually charge at home but this will be my go to supercharger for times I need a faster fill up. When you look at this in the car does it show the rate per kWh? I don’t see that information on the Tesla website but maybe I don’t know where to look.

The price will be displayed in the car navigation when you click on the supercharger pin on the map. Expect it to be about 3x what you pay at home.

Reactions: pointech