Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milpitas, CA - Barber Ln. (under construction Nov 2023, 20 stalls, Ulferts Center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting location. I haven’t been there in awhile but that parking lot was always PACKED. I don’t think many patrons would appreciate losing 20 parking stalls to Teslas charging and might get ICEd by oblivious patrons of the shopping center.

Unless they’re going to put it next door at the vacant lot that was a previous car dealership many years ago. 🤔

Reactions: cwerdna
Interesting location. I haven’t been there in awhile but that parking lot was always PACKED. I don’t think many patrons would appreciate losing 20 parking stalls to Teslas charging and might get ICEd by oblivious patrons of the shopping center.

Unless they’re going to put it next door at the vacant lot that was a previous car dealership many years ago. 🤔

From the address, this isn't the main Milpitas Square shopping center with 99 Ranch, but the smaller one to the south that mostly just has restaurants (Koi Palace as the anchor tenant). It's been a while since I've been in the area, but I don't remember there being a parking crunch compared to Milpitas Square. While I always remember the Milpitas Square lot being >75% full, I think every time I've been to Ulferts Center, we were able to get one of the spots right in front, which means I haven't even seen 80% of the parking lot. But maybe things can fill up a lot more at peak times, like when there's a big event at Koi Palace?

Yeah it gets pretty full (or used to) during weekend dim sum times or if there is an event at Koi Palace.
Looking at Street View, I see that the parking lot was expanded to the south sometime between 2017 and 2019, adding ~50 spaces. So perhaps it's not as bad as it was. And I'm sure it's worse some times than others -- I was mostly in the area weekday evenings, so wouldn't have seen the peak if it's more of a weekend brunch/afternoon crowd. I guess we'll see when it goes in if there's a crunch at peak times.

Reactions: E90alex

It's amazing how that spot is still sitting empty after so long

From the address, this isn't the main Milpitas Square shopping center with 99 Ranch, but the smaller one to the south that mostly just has restaurants (Koi Palace as the anchor tenant). It's been a while since I've been in the area, but I don't remember there being a parking crunch compared to Milpitas Square. While I always remember the Milpitas Square lot being >75% full, I think every time I've been to Ulferts Center, we were able to get one of the spots right in front, which means I haven't even seen 80% of the parking lot. But maybe things can fill up a lot more at peak times, like when there's a big event at Koi Palace?
I go to that mall with Koi Palace all the time and that lot is far worse than the ranch 99 mall lot. I also fear the chargers will be frequently iced.

Not sure if this is for the superchargers but construction going on at Ulferts center today, blocking off a sizable portion of the already crowded parking lot. Had to park over at Milpitas square.

Attachments

• PXL_20231110_204826368.jpg
    PXL_20231110_204826368.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20231110_204828996.jpg
    PXL_20231110_204828996.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 58
Photos.
Awaiting transformer.
Awaiting charging posts.
Posts may be in production with new NACS hardware. That may be why they are not installed yet. … this hardware change will make charging post multi-vehicle manufacturer capable. Magic docks are dead in my opinion.
Wooden place holders for charging posts.
Possible wi-fi receiver on lamp post ??
Light sensors to turn on lights once a vehicle arrives??

Attachments

• IMG_6857.jpeg
    IMG_6857.jpeg
    739.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6858.jpeg
    IMG_6858.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6855.jpeg
    IMG_6855.jpeg
    943.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6862.jpeg
    IMG_6862.jpeg