Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moraine, OH - (Service Center, limited hours)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cars plugged in but not charging :-(

There were 3 empty destination chargers however.
That was my experience as well. Stopped by at 530am, and both superchargers had cars plugged in but not charging. All but 1 of the destination chargers were also occupied. None of the cars had people inside, and most had service tags hanging from the rear view mirrors. Obviously the technicians plugged all the cars in overnight after they finished working on them.

Another weekend where service intentionally blocked the super chargers.

8E1A3132-E19F-45CC-82C4-07AA6C1F9EF8.jpeg

is it pay per use for the destination chargers too?
At last check the superchargers and destinations are free - no cost, they should only be used when the service center is closed. Based on conversations here and on Facebook, it looks like the service center staff is discouraging their use. I'll try to have a direct conversation with them this week to get a clearer answer. For sure there is a lot of mixed messaging.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tezla041
At last check the superchargers and destinations are free - no cost, they should only be used when the service center is closed. Based on conversations here and on Facebook, it looks like the service center staff is discouraging their use. I'll try to have a direct conversation with them this week to get a clearer answer. For sure there is a lot of mixed messaging.
Maybe since there is no way for them to 'charge' for the SuCs, this is why they are intentionally blocking them? I guess they need to make these SuCs 'free' for when they are working on cars and need to charge them quickly for when the owner comes back, especially if the service is done the same day.

But what's sad is that I doubt it would take much programming to change it from 'free' to 'pay' based on day/time, and allowing their use. It frees up time at the only other SuC in the city (at least for a few more weeks/months) and could also make it more convenient for some owners.

You would think Tesla would want to keep customers happy (? - OK, no wise cracks). I guess it is just more poor judgement by management. What's that old expression - "penny wise, pound foolish". Oh well...

To be clear, the destination chargers have signs saying no public charging (or something to that effect), so shouldn't be used at all, even after-hours.

Some clarification on the Superchargers would be nice. Signage would be great.

Some clarification on the Superchargers would be nice. Signage would be great.

So some clarification other than the fact that Tesla does not list this location on their website as a supercharger location, but only a service center?

Or maybe clarification that it doesn't show up as either a supercharger or destination charger location in the in the vehicle navigation system??

I understand that Dayton area would really be better served by some additional supercharger locations. I'm not disputing that point. But I don't feel it's appropriate for people getting all worked up over the inability to use charging stations that were never intended for use by the the general public.

Honestly, this is a case where I think supercharge.info does a disservice to it's user base by even listing this on their map as a supercharger location. I realize they have a disclaimer stating it's not generally available during service center hours, but even that creates the false expectation that users should expect the site to be available at other times, which is clearly not Tesla's intention.

Reactions: Bighorn
It was an oversight to list it as public. The mistake is being rectified, though with a slight delay as it has impacted the supercharger game. There are over a hundred service centers, most with a two stall SC for diagnostic purposes. They are not open for general use. There are anecdotal instances where a service tech has allowed a customer to charge, usually in concert with a service issue. SCs not on the nav are not public and using them as such constitutes theft, as there is no way to bill for power consumption.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tezla041