Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Shasta, CA (111 Morgan Way, 4 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed it is, Fan. On a tangential note, the proximity of these two chargers to each other makes the current method on the touchscreen to identify (or select if navigating) problematic. Access from Lake St. onto Morgan Way reveals the Best Western on the immediate right with its four stalls. One must drive several yards farther south to make a left into the strip mall and then circle behind the vacant restaurant to find the sixteen newly installed Superchargers.

Easy for you, and easy for me, but could be confusing (especially given the deficient navigation directions that seem to drop you off to blaze your way to their precise location) for Fred and Wilma from Peoria on their family vacation.

Tesla needs to develop a finer method of delineating locations like this and Springfield, Oregon. Doubtless there will be others as the network expands. Signs at each location are a good start if the visitor can see the signs or knows where to look. But Tesla needs to develop a superior pin drop method for the touchscreen and perhaps have both locations pop up on the touchscreen when one searches for directions. That way, there is at least some knowledge that there are two discrete locations located differently but very, very close to each other.
Doesn't it show 2 sites in the list of superchargers nearby? The pins might overlap, but there should be 2 discrete listings in Shasta so that if you pick from the list instead of trying to hit the correct pin you won't have any trouble. The problem is that users are in the habit of only looking at the graphical representation and so miss the subtlety.

Doesn't it show 2 sites in the list of superchargers nearby? The pins might overlap, but there should be 2 discrete listings in Shasta
Yes there are two locations shown, though on the Tesla Find Us map the pin locations are not precisely accurate.

1E0623F2-6E91-4E3E-98DE-22EBA79F1183.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes there are two locations shown.
No, I meant in the in-car navigation. When you hit the lightningbolt(?) the navigation screen shows you where the nearer superchargers are and, depending on how far away you are, if you look only at the map, it'll look like there's only 1 supercharger in Shasta. You'll often/usually be too zoomed out to see the 2 locations as separate pins. But in addition to populating the map with supercharger pins, it also brings up a list of the superchargers (A, B, C, D, ...). And on that list it will show 2 Shasta locations regardless of if the map is zoomed in sufficiently to see 2 distinct pins.

No, I meant in the in-car navigation... And on that list it will show 2 Shasta locations regardless of if the map is zoomed in sufficiently to see 2 distinct pins.
Yes, that was my point as well: both Shasta locations are shown in the car nav on the map though they are shown separately in the listing. I realize that usually they appear as a single pin on the map but when you get within a few miles both pins are apparent.

Yes, that was my point as well: both Shasta locations are shown in the car nav on the map though they are shown separately in the listing. I realize that usually they appear as a single pin on the map but when you get within a few miles both pins are apparent.

That was my point, Fan. Dialing in to Mt. Shasta from a couple hundred miles away, a person unfamiliar with this location will not see two pins spaced far enough apart to be able to choose. Not all owners frequent this web site and follow these items as closely as we do.

The listing down the left-hand side of the touchscreen is too cluttered and contains too many irrelevant Superchargers at any given time. The pins on the map are more effective in getting directions for travelers.

That said, I am steering this thread off into the tall weeds. We should resume discussion of Mt. Shasta lest we instill ill humor in the moderator....:D

• Funny
Reactions: KathyApplebaum