Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Needed on I-26 in South Carolina - help submit to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to make suggestions to the Supercharger team? I regularly travel from South Florida to Asheville and curse Tesla every time when I am forced to divert to Santee or North Columbia. I'm seriously considering purchasing a Chademo adapter so I can charge at 40 KW and top off without diverting so far off the route.

Reactions: jsight
Does anyone know how to make suggestions to the Supercharger team? I regularly travel from South Florida to Asheville and curse Tesla every time when I am forced to divert to Santee or North Columbia. I'm seriously considering purchasing a Chademo adapter so I can charge at 40 KW and top off without diverting so far off the route.
I don't know of a direct way, but I think Tesla is well aware of the issue and might be making progress on it. At least I hope the new "St George" location is on I26.

In the meantime, the CHAdeMO is surprisingly useful. That EA generally is good for 40+kw, and should be able to get you enough to get to Asheville in less than 30 minutes.

It looks like Tesla has planned SC's on I-95 near Walterboro and St. George which could be more useful to you in the future. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• sc1.PNG
    sc1.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
This link, Host a SuperCharger from the Tesla website shows how a business can become a host of a Supercharger. Maybe scout out a location where a SuC would make sense right off the interstate and try to get ahold of the business, (I.E. several restaurants and hotels at mile marker exit 145), to see if they would be willing to host a SuC. Probably would need to talk to the General Manager of these stores or their Headquarters.

How does Tesla decide where to put Supercharger stations?
Tesla Superchargers enable long distance travel and convenient charging in urban areas. We use precise energy modeling and locate Superchargers near amenities, such as hotels, restaurants and shopping areas. Become a Charging Partner and attract Tesla drivers to your property by hosting a Supercharger station.