Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newport News, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone get a close up shot of the information panel on the cabinet? If so, we might be able to discern if the charger is a V3 (which the pedestal delay has me wondering). It would be an excellent place for a higher speed charger to keep the EV traffic flowing.

Can someone get a close up shot of the information panel on the cabinet? If so, we might be able to discern if the charger is a V3 (which the pedestal delay has me wondering). It would be an excellent place for a higher speed charger to keep the EV traffic flowing.
spoiler: ITS NOT V3!!!

No need for close-ups when the supercharger cabinets are already on site. The V2 and V3 cabinets look decidedly different. And these are definitely V2.

If you're unfamiliar, this is what a V3 cabinet looks like:
maxresdefault.jpg

32 and 67kW? That’s like an urban charger... has anyone been able to charge faster?
I charged November 29th in my X100D and saw a peak of 321.9 mph charge rate according to my TeslaFi logs. That was at a 46% SoC (I arrived at 17%). Not sure how this translates to kW but I'm pretty confident it's higher than 100kW.

EDIT - found an image of the charging session (102kW)

IMG_0218.JPG

I charged November 29th in my X100D and saw a peak of 321.9 mph charge rate according to my TeslaFi logs. That was at a 46% SoC (I arrived at 17%). Not sure how this translates to kW but I'm pretty confident it's higher than 100kW.

EDIT - found an image of the charging session (102kW)

View attachment 491466
Thanks! This is super convenient to my brother’s house, so I’m very glad to see this :)