Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this just happened today :) The gates are down!! However, no power yet. I Tried...
NBSP.jpg

Yes.. across Canada?

Well, I think people will at least be able to do "across to Sudbury" soon.
Deep River, ON now has its transformer, so Tesla should be able to turn on Deep River, ON and North Bay, ON close together.

Still need Renfrew, ON, though to make a proper connection to Casselman, ON, since Ottawa, ON is an urban Supercharger.

Well, I think people will at least be able to do "across to Sudbury" soon.
Deep River, ON now has its transformer, so Tesla should be able to turn on Deep River, ON and North Bay, ON close together.

Still need Renfrew, ON, though to make a proper connection to Casselman, ON, since Ottawa, ON is an urban Supercharger.

Casselman to Deep River is nominally 246 km so it should be easily doable in any Tesla MS/MX with a 75KWh or larger battery at quasi-legal speeds on anything but the very coldest of days. M3s, even standard range, shouldn't have any issue with this segment. The problem with the prospective Renfrew Supercharger is that it will be at 4-5 kms off Hwy 17, not a show stopper but not inconsequential either.

Reactions: mrElbe
Casselman to Deep River is nominally 246 km so it should be easily doable in any Tesla MS/MX with a 75KWh or larger battery at quasi-legal speeds on anything but the very coldest of days. M3s, even standard range, shouldn't have any issue with this segment. The problem with the prospective Renfrew Supercharger is that it will be at 4-5 kms off Hwy 17, not a show stopper but not inconsequential either.

According to Supercharge.info the Renfrew Supercharger Site looks more like 3200 feet (1 km) away from Hwy 17

Ok so I was at the site today, but did not have the Tesla as it was very low on battery and didn’t want to risk driving there and the chargers not working. I can confirm the stations are not lit up so I’m assuming they are not running, but I’m sure I read somewhere that the new V3 chargers don’t have lights within the stalls.

I will drive up there tomorrow with the car and plug in to let you guys know if it’s running.

it’s also not showing up in the Nav yet.

Reactions: GoldenBasis
but I’m sure I read somewhere that the new V3 chargers don’t have lights within the stalls.
If that was what was written then whoever wrote it didn't know what they were talking about. The V3 stalls still have the lit "TESLA". You can go look at pictures/video from the V3 superchargers at the Las Vegas - LINQ location for confirmation if you need. Anyway, no lights = no power.

Maybe you're confusing V3 with urban superchargers? The urban posts don't have lights.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq