Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Omaha, NE (8801 West Center Rd.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day is finally here lol
We'll see. While this site hasn't been the problem site Lincoln was, the meter has been there for two months as of this tweet
And the Omaha Public Power District was approved by the city to do the pre-connect on 5/16. OPPD doesn't typically mess around as seen by the transformer and meter at the site that early during construction. So I have a feeling this meter has likely been powered for several weeks.

Like I said yesterday though, the city only has partially approved the electrical permit and was requesting documentation on the "Due by final, AFC and charging unit labels. Provide GFPE performance injection testing documentation." That is the latest as of 5/16. With the unit meter on Tesla could technically seemingly come and turn the SCs on, but unless the permitting site hasn't been updated, this still is seemingly not totally approved by the city yet.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
However, @RyanAndrews if you know where you're staying on your upcoming trip let us know if you need assistance in charging option recommendations. I thought you were going to be in good shape with this one, but it is looking like that probably won't be the case.
Thanks for keeping me in mind @Mr. Nuke and I appreciate the offer. My wife and I went this past weekend, and we drove her SUV. I really thought this charger would be up and running, also. I am still looking forward to taking a decent road trip in the Tesla.

On a side note, the College World Series was a blast! Maybe everything will be up and running by June '24 😉.

Reactions: Mr. Nuke
Any updates on this charger yet? Can't believe its taking this long to come online
Nebraska was dragged kicking and screaming into accepting solar and wind generation by Facebook and Google when those companies said that they would not build in a state that restricted those two energy options, and the Omaha area was being looked at for new locations for both of those companies. The bills restricting wind and solar were defeated and both companies have since built large data storage facilities near Omaha, and Google has a new one going in on the north side of Omaha.

Long way of saying that EV's and the infrastructure that would help their growth isn't at the top of a lot of the list with a lot of politicians or companies in Nebraska, and there is a lot of resistance for anything green. Not every elected official, but a lot of companies based in Nebraska do make a significant amount of money from petroleum and coal.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
Nebraska was dragged kicking and screaming into accepting solar and wind generation by Facebook and Google when those companies said that they would not build in a state that restricted those two energy options, and the Omaha area was being looked at for new locations for both of those companies. The bills restricting wind and solar were defeated and both companies have since built large data storage facilities near Omaha, and Google has a new one going in on the north side of Omaha.

Long way of saying that EV's and the infrastructure that would help their growth isn't at the top of a lot of the list with a lot of politicians or companies in Nebraska, and there is a lot of resistance for anything green. Not every elected official, but a lot of companies based in Nebraska do make a significant amount of money from petroleum and coal.
None of which really has anything to do with why this supercharger isn't online yet... This site has a willing host. The city permitted the site in a timely manner and it was constructed in a timely manner. There are also 8 other superchargers in the state already. Something apparently wasn't right with the construction here.

---------

There was a slight inspection update on the permit today requesting the ability for the utility provider to reconnect power. It was approved by the city. I take that as a very good sign. We'll see if that was the city formally signing off on everything or not though. If it is, I don't expect it will take too much longer for this one to fire up.

None of which really has anything to do with why this supercharger isn't online yet... This site has a willing host. The city permitted the site in a timely manner and it was constructed in a timely manner. There are also 8 other superchargers in the state already. Something apparently wasn't right with the construction here.

---------

There was a slight inspection update on the permit today requesting the ability for the utility provider to reconnect power. It was approved by the city. I take that as a very good sign. We'll see if that was the city formally signing off on everything or not though. If it is, I don't expect it will take too much longer for this one to fire up.
Where do you get all this info?

Thanks for the update

1000008888.jpg
1000008885.jpg

From KC, visiting in town and thought I'd stop by. I knew they weren't on, but thought I'd try anyway. Nothing new, but I hope they turn these on soon.

A technician was tinkering around with the charger stalls at 90th & Center this morning. There was a "S" and "Y" there crammed full of tools, not sure if they did any test charging.
The electrician on the permit also requested a final inspection (again) from the city this afternoon. So with the Tesla guys there today and the permitting process we may be getting very close here.