Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orlando, FL - Millenia Plaza Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
The Tesla Find Us map has a “Coming Soon” location named Millenia, FL. Recently we obtained a public document in which Target Corporation gives authorization for Tesla to file Supercharger permit applications on selected Target properties. One of those Authorized Locations is listed as T1518 Orlando. That designates the Orlando Millenia Target at 4750 Millenia Plaza Way, Orlando, FL 32839-2434.

I haven’t located a permit application yet, but I am speculating that this is a likely eventual location for the Millenia FL Supercharger Station.

Larry

Millenia Supercharger Permit.jpg

Just passed initial review. 12 Version 3 Charging posts and two ChargePoint Dual Port Level 2 chargers.

Vicinity map:

Millenia Supercharger Vicinity Map.jpg

Address: 4750 Millenia Plaza Way, Orlando, FL 32839-2434.

Larry

This is not a good location. Very congested traffic with limited roads in and out. They would have done better to put in the Millenia Mall parking lot or Wawas located on John Young Parkway and Millenia Drive. If you are coming off I-4, it will take you 10 minutes to get to the Supercharger.

Reactions: touringsedan
This is not a good location. Very congested traffic with limited roads in and out. They would have done better to put in the Millenia Mall parking lot or Wawas located on John Young Parkway and Millenia Drive. If you are coming off I-4, it will take you 10 minutes to get to the Supercharger.

Agree, not the greatest spot. But also remember that Target is open until 11pm, easy access to food with Chipotle, Zoe's, & Pei Wei within walking distance. Mall closes early, no fast casual food if mall is closed, no restrooms. The more I think of it, the more sense this spot makes.

It's an easy decision if you're Tesla & you want to be at Millenia. Problem is gonna be stalls. Just not enough for that area. It's gonna be a fight every time - Titusville size at Millenia would of been nice.

I can’t think of a much worse location. Many already wait in traffic jams in both directions getting to this shopping area. One entrance and exit with a long wait from I-4. I would guess the staff choosing these sites may not know the area very well or just didn’t have any other option. Only commenting as this particular shopping center I already avoid due to extremely bad design and traffic. Sometimes it feels like you can check in but not out.

Reactions: Greg29
Getting in/out of that Target area is not easy. Traffic is quite heavy most of the time. There’s a BJs club right there and a Costco just down the road which greatly add to the traffic congestion and of course the most popular mall in the area just across Conroy Road.

I visited site on 3/8. Looks like most of concrete poured in today. It does not look like it is going to be a prefab Supercharger type installation to me. How do you change supercharger.info site from "permit" to "construction" and get updated to top of chronological list?

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I visited site on 3/8. Looks like most of concrete poured in today. It does not look like it is going to be a prefab Supercharger type installation to me. How do you change supercharger.info site from "permit" to "construction" and get updated to top of chronological list?
by providing pictures of the construction site if possible with the Tesla Energy cover, or other Supercharger obvious items and "@" corywright or marcoRP or chuq

As of April 2. Can see Target, McDonalds, Verizon signs in pics as to location. Charging on both sides? Looked like 3 side chargers, poss a future 4th one. Lots of traffic getting from from I-4 but more options while charging. Click on a photo for a larger clearer view.

Attachments

• IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    474.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    439.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    756.3 KB · Views: 134
This location, in the Millenia Mall parking lot for Target and various fast food restaurants, is highly congested. See attached picture from my car which shows the roads full of traffic. Took me a half hour to go from BJs to I-4. I try to avoid this area.

Attachments

• Millenia Mall.jpg
    Millenia Mall.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 99
The Red Arrow location in Reef Club's post is not in the right location for the Supercharger. But you are right about congestion.

I visited the site on 5/5. It seems to me that most of the Tesla equipment has been installed including a power transformer. There seems to be an odd design. If you were to park in the north western most parking spot to charge, you seem to be a able to plug into two different chargers, one on the driver side of the car, one behind the rear bumper. Those two chargers seem to be only to reach that one parking spot?

For weeks, I may have been seeing some cardboard boxes unsecured lying on the ground that may have included the Chargepoint charger equipment. Today I could not see any boxes or installed Chargepoint hardware.

There are several empty electrical conduit pipes sticking up from the ground that may indicate other equipment later.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I visited on 6/12/2022. It charged my car but at a low rate. The low rate may be because of no preconditioning, high level in battery to start, and 88 degrees outside. The car display showed no dollars and "Turkey Lake" which is another SC nearby. Tesla app says was charged 11kwh at $0.41 kwh total $4.51. Two people were plugged into the Chargepoint chargers but Chargepoint and Target store people could not say if it is free or not. Not showing on Chargepoint or Tesla maps yet.