Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pensacola, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• FB0C75C3-7AED-4B05-AA74-A73FA14CBA39.jpeg
    FB0C75C3-7AED-4B05-AA74-A73FA14CBA39.jpeg
    927.8 KB · Views: 346
Just hope it’s far enough away from the buildings so it doesn’t get iced.
Believe me, I hate upfront parking.
The site plan linked in the original post shows the location. It's along the median between the entry road and Academy parking directly behind Moe's. It should be far enough away from everything to minimize and ICE'ing that isn't intentional.

The one in Gulf Breeze had a permit noticed on Oct 28th, construction was first spotted Jan 21st, meter spotted on March 2nd, went live on the map on April 14th. SO 10ish weeks from permit to construction, and just shy of 3 months from first construction to online.

Pensacola is about 8 weeks from permit right now, so who knows. Destin has blown way past that, but it's Destin. If it's not a new high rise, tourist trap, or some other major tax earner then they're not in any hurry.

The one in Gulf Breeze had a permit noticed on Oct 28th, construction was first spotted Jan 21st, meter spotted on March 2nd, went live on the map on April 14th. SO 10ish weeks from permit to construction, and just shy of 3 months from first construction to online.

Pensacola is about 8 weeks from permit right now, so who knows. Destin has blown way past that, but it's Destin. If it's not a new high rise, tourist trap, or some other major tax earner then they're not in any hurry.
I bet it's FPL. When it was Gulf Power I could call and get a new temp pole service or new construction service within 24-48 hours. Now with FPL, it takes half a dozen calls and many weeks until FPL shows up. My last 3 builds have resulted in 3 complaints to the PUC, which resulted in absolutely nothing.

I bet it's FPL. When it was Gulf Power I could call and get a new temp pole service or new construction service within 24-48 hours. Now with FPL, it takes half a dozen calls and many weeks until FPL shows up. My last 3 builds have resulted in 3 complaints to the PUC, which resulted in absolutely nothing.

Yes. We are trying to bring fiber to a new building, and we were told by Cox that FPL is taking 6 months to go through permits and all of that.. so this will probably open by middle next year
In the Destin thread, there's a couple of comments on transformer shortages/backlog, too.