Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pickering ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want any online beef with you @Drone Flyer. Besides you seemed like a nice guy when I met you in traffic on the 410 a couple months ago. All I'm saying is this is just a forum. Its designed for commentary and discussion. I'll create a thread called "Future Toronto Area Superchargers" for people to speculate on. Now you take it easy and enjoy that P75D.
Thanks. I will! I’ll buy coffee next time we meet.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarcoRP
We have Eastern Canada Superchargers for that. I don't think we should have to go to many different threads to discuss or hear about possible (but unconfirmed) superchargers. I like the current structure: two threads (east/west) for speculation/discussion/rumours/wish lists, and once a site is confirmed (photos of Tesla equipment on site), a thread per supercharger. Then I can follow the one thread for my half of Canada plus specific SCs I might use.

Not all components are onsite
IMG_20171225_163916.jpg

It is probably in the same state as all of the semi-constructed sites - like Casselman, Hamilton, Owen Sound, Markham, Cambridge, etc - not a lot going on in the last few weeks due to the holiday season and the extreme cold weather.

Confirming this site is live, although maybe not at full power? Of course, weather may be to blame (a balmy -13 celsius). I arrived with about 44% SOC after about a 45km drive at 60+ kph and I was getting 20-30 kW for about 30 minutes before I stopped paying attention. I had someone approach me just after I plugged in asking me if that was normal as that's all he was getting (his first time supercharging - sounded like he was at around 60% SOC).

Also, surprisingly busy, although probably by mostly local owners curious if they work or not. There were 8 cars plugged in when I rolled up, and another 5 when I popped by 45 minutes later to grab something from my car. Oh, and 1 spot ICE'd for a spell. :mad:

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Confirming this site is live, although maybe not at full power? Of course, weather may be to blame (a balmy -13 celsius). I arrived with about 44% SOC after about a 45km drive at 60+ kph and I was getting 20-30 kW for about 30 minutes before I stopped paying attention. I had someone approach me just after I plugged in asking me if that was normal as that's all he was getting (his first time supercharging - sounded like he was at around 60% SOC).

Also, surprisingly busy, although probably by mostly local owners curious if they work or not. There were 8 cars plugged in when I rolled up, and another 5 when I popped by 45 minutes later to grab something from my car. Oh, and 1 spot ICE'd for a spell. :mad:
I think a lot of people would love to see photos of the completed site. Just a suggestion!