Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pollock Pines, CA (LIVE 18 Jan 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pollock Pines is now showing on the Tesla "find us" map with a target opening of Q3, 2022. I checked for building permits from 11/1 to now and didn't find anything. The most likely location for Pollock Pines is on Pony Express Trail near Sly Park Road, as that's the commercial district with all the restaurants and amenities. A distant second choice would be Fresh Pond Trading Post further east, as it's right on highway 50, has the room to add chargers, and would be a smart move for the gas station that's now there to prepare for the future.

Per Marco, a permit has been issued. Can someone add it to supercharge.info?

Attachments

• IMG_0518.png
    IMG_0518.png
    470.1 KB · Views: 310
It's not uncommon for ADA-accessible charging spots to be a bit away from the others. It looks like there are 10 "regular" spots in the photo, so there are likely two accessible ones out of view.
The issue isn’t that there are chargers out of view from my photo; I photographed the only chargers that I could see within the fenced area. If this will be a twelve stall installation then two stalls haven’t been installed yet.

The issue isn’t that there are chargers out of view from my photo; I photographed the only chargers that I could see within the fenced area. If this will be a twelve stall installation then two stalls haven’t been installed yet.
I believe the two other spots will be ADA and will be located in the red area below. The other 10 from your pictures are located in the blue area.

1701111487429.png

I believe the two other spots will be ADA and will be located in the red area below. The other 10 from your pictures are located in the blue area.
You are correct, the two ADA pedestals are in the red zone.
View looking West, two ADA spots right next to the building.

IMG_5256.JPG

The other 10 pedestals are also wrapped, and the transformer is in.
Looking East.
IMG_5257.JPG

No obvious meter or place for meter, perhaps it's inside the switchgear? Or transformer, that's a pretty big enclosure on the front.
Looking South, having moved my viewpoint a little East. Transformer radiator was not obviously warm.
IMG_5259.JPG

Overall view from further East (basically just South of the intersection with US-50).
Nice that the chargers are well away from the building, but not too far.
This will be a nice addition, the South Lake Tahoe site was intermittently full on Christmas day.
Nice little store, decent (men's) restroom, though limited hours (6am to 8pm, 9pm Fri - Sun).
IMG_5261.JPG

Charged here yesterday AM. When I selected the charger on the map it showed 8/12 stalls free and then about 1/2 hr before I got there it went to 7/12 stalls free. When I arrived it was empty. There was a bit of snow on the ground (3-4") and you could not see the parking lines. When I parked I kicked some of the snow away and it looks like the chargers are dead center in the stalls vs to one side. Also there is nothing to keep you from running them over so I suspect problems in the future.

Plugging in I got a red ring and an alert telling me to push the cable all the way in. It was in so I moved to another stall and got the same again. Moved again and 3rd time was a charm. I did not check to see how many stalls were reported free when I was the sole person charging.

After about 20 minutes a M3 showed up and had the same issue. It took 3 stalls for them to get one to work too.

• Informative
Reactions: kevin1 and bmah