Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pomona, CA - 68 Rio Ranch Road (LIVE 4 Apr 2024, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first posts in this thread were moved from the thread discussing the physically adjacent "Pomona, CA" Supercharger.

Another interesting development in this shopping center. More construction in another part of the parking lot. I have a strong feeling it's more superchargers. Anyone familiar with these pedestals? Could it be EA or EVGo?

Attachments

• IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2410.jpeg
    IMG_2410.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2409.jpeg
    IMG_2409.jpeg
    702.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting @Mrbrock! Thanks for your supporting opinion. @bmah What do you think? Is this enough evidence to add another under construction pin to Pomona, CA?
If you are able to get to where those large white supercharger cabinets are, there should be a red plate with an address on the door to the largest one.

Also, @Big Earl or @corywright would be better for a construction pin if you are referring to supercharge.info

Interesting @Mrbrock! Thanks for your supporting opinion. @bmah What do you think? Is this enough evidence to add another under construction pin to Pomona, CA?

I agree with @Mrbrock that I'm not the right person to talk about pins on supercharging info. :cool:

But yeah as he's trying to do with his question about the red plate / sign with the address, first step is to figure out whether Tesla considers this to be an expansion of the same site or a different site altogether.

(Note: Just for the record, nobody here endorses going over or around the construction fences to get this information. Safety first!)

Bruce.

I agree with @Mrbrock that I'm not the right person to talk about pins on supercharging info. :cool:

But yeah as he's trying to do with his question about the red plate / sign with the address, first step is to figure out whether Tesla considers this to be an expansion of the same site or a different site altogether.

(Note: Just for the record, nobody here endorses going over or around the construction fences to get this information. Safety first!)

Bruce.
It is on a completely different parcel so it is definitely a different address. The line in the center of the green circle on the map provided is the parcel line so it depends on which side it is on. Starbucks is 68 Rio Ranch while ihop is 50 Rio Ranch.

Here’s a bigger picture to show the difference in location based on the above information. I would be shocked if this was considered an expansion, especially considering the different parcels and potentially different owners.
1703002958084.png

I think it's safe to say this is an expansion. Posts #16 and onward should probably be split off into a new thread.

It is on a completely different parcel so it is definitely a different address. The line in the center of the green circle on the map provided is the parcel line so it depends on which side it is on. Starbucks is 68 Rio Ranch while ihop is 50 Rio Ranch.
Let's just pick one of the addresses for now to use for the new location, and we can revise it later once Tesla's official name is known.

@bmah How about a new thread for "Supercharger - Pomona, CA - 68 Rio Ranch Road" ?

I think it's safe to say this is an expansion. Posts #16 and onward should probably be split off into a new thread.

Let's just pick one of the addresses for now to use for the new location, and we can revise it later once Tesla's official name is known.

@bmah How about a new thread for "Supercharger - Pomona, CA - 68 Rio Ranch Road" ?
And by "expansion" you mean a "new site" right? *wink*

Just took some updated photos. Site is proceeding along nicely. Probably just waiting for SoCal Edison to do their thing next. Looks like two spots for vehicles with trailers or towing. Trash cans too. Imagine this spot is going to be way more popular than the WinCo site. Next to Starbucks, IHOP, Fried chicken and chinese food spots.

Attachments

• IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2615.jpeg
    431.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2616.jpeg
    IMG_2616.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2613.jpeg
    IMG_2613.jpeg
    452.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2611.jpeg
    IMG_2611.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 49
Just took some updated photos. Site is proceeding along nicely. Probably just waiting for SoCal Edison to do their thing next. Looks like two spots for vehicles with trailers or towing. Trash cans too. Imagine this spot is going to be way more popular than the WinCo site. Next to Starbucks, IHOP, Fried chicken and chinese food spots.
Looks like 24 stalls with 4 pull through stalls (2 on each end) but they are so close that the second stall would be blocked by the trailer.

Reactions: Timmy_M3
Stalls are still covered by plastic; not ready as of tonight.

IMHO, this is a terrible place/lot for the Superchargers. It's super cramped and competes w. the Starbucks drive-through traffic. I'm surprised they did not locate them in the Walmart parking lot, which is always wide open.

Stalls are still covered by plastic; not ready as of tonight.

IMHO, this is a terrible place/lot for the Superchargers. It's super cramped and competes w. the Starbucks drive-through traffic. I'm surprised they did not locate them in the Walmart parking lot, which is always wide open.
They go where they have lease agreements and Walmart is not a partner. Walmart will be installing its own DCFC network soon so it would be competition.