Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked it out yesterday, and site work is pretty much complete, now just awaiting the chargers and the transformer. Here are some pics!
Portland5.jpg
Portland4.jpg
Portland3.jpg
Portland2.jpg
Portland1.jpg

Nice work! Aren't those white cabinets the transformers?

Big ones are Supercharger cabinets. Smaller blocks behind those are step transformers used to manage voltage variation coming from the main transformer.

Then there appears to be the distribution cabinet and the meter box.

Then there's the sad looking concrete pad waiting for a transformer.

Reactions: mociaf9
I checked it out yesterday, and site work is pretty much complete, now just awaiting the chargers and the transformer. Here are some pics! View attachment 421028 View attachment 421027 View attachment 421026 View attachment 421025 View attachment 421024

From these pictures it looks like the actual location of the superchargers is further away from the store than it is in supercharge.info, which is good. That location is usually full and likely to be ICEd. Can any of the locals confirm this?

upload_2019-6-20_12-42-52.png

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
Might be up there in August myself for a vacation. I don't think there's any way to know if this will be a V3 station until you see if the charging cables out of the cabinet are thinner. Feel free to correct me if wrong. The fact that everything else looks in place could be a good sign that it will be the faster V3 chargers. Can't wait to try one now that I have 5,000 free supercharger miles.

Might be up there in August myself for a vacation. I don't think there's any way to know if this will be a V3 station until you see if the charging cables out of the cabinet are thinner. Feel free to correct me if wrong. The fact that everything else looks in place could be a good sign that it will be the faster V3 chargers. Can't wait to try one now that I have 5,000 free supercharger miles.

The cabinets seen on the photos looks like V2 cabinets with two stalls per cabinet. The V3 cabinets in Fremont are bigger and each serves four stalls.

I’d love to know the backstory on this sort of thing; the sequence of developments seems so odd.
I would presume the bottleneck here is in procuring/building these last pieces. And if there is a supply constraint in this regard, logic would dictate that they would then be prioritizing where available stock goes - Maine is not a heavily populated area, never-mind Tesla population therein.

Reactions: IT Geek
I just stopped by tonight- still nothing :(
Not sure why you quoted that comment (maybe an oversight/error?), but the underlying point isn't an issue. Permit gets a new expiration date after work started and they had inspections done. Even if nothing else was done until after the new expiration date, it still wouldn't really be an issue. All that means is that they would have to pay a new fee to "revive" the expired permit.

Since some other sites have started to get their pedestals recently, hopefully this one will too within the next few weeks.