Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger price tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0.12 per kWh price is back in Lexington. I was just checking in last night and saw the price.

IMG_6478.png

Right now the cheapest I see is Framingham at $.22 after midnight. Most of the chargers in Boston anrea are in the $.30-$.40 range.

Any idea when and why they changed? Our prices seasonal i.e. are they more expensive in winter than fall and summer? Or are these changes most likely permanent?

I think only Tesla knows that answer. Personally, I think some of the super low prices seen at the original v2 Framingham location and Lexington location were Tesla doing some testing to see how pricing influenced traffic at the sites. I guess it's also possible a site host could buy down charging rates with an term contract with Tesla to attempt to draw more customers to the site as well as another explanation.

Reactions: kayak1 and Farmer
I think only Tesla knows that answer. Personally, I think some of the super low prices seen at the original v2 Framingham location and Lexington location were Tesla doing some testing to see how pricing influenced traffic at the sites. I guess it's also possible a site host could buy down charging rates with an term contract with Tesla to attempt to draw more customers to the site as well as another explanation.
I’m in the market for my first Tesla and curious about the rates. Can someone post the rates for the Tyngsboro and Burlington chargers?

I’m in the market for my first Tesla and curious about the rates. Can someone post the rates for the Tyngsboro and Burlington chargers?
Pricing changes from time-to-time. The best suggestion I have is to go to https://www.tesla.com/findus, select superchargers, and click on each site to see what should be the current pricing schedule.

EDIT - those are worst-case prices looking at them. ie. prices for non-Teslas that don't pay the monthly membership subscription fee to buy down the rates to Tesla owner prices. I'll screen-capture the owner rates from the Tesla mobile app in a moment and post.

Reactions: kayak1
I wish there was more transparency about rates, or a site that tracked rates to help consumers find the best deal. I suggested this as an idea to PlugShare (filter by rate) but not sure if they will ever implement it.

Despite that fact, in my experience, Superchargers tend to have the best rates among all DC fast charger networks (Electrify America, Blink, EVGo, etc). At least here in New England, Superchargers are almost always cheaper. When superchargers open up to non-Tesla users, the non-Tesla users will pay a premium so they will still be cheaper for us Tesl owners.

One exception is that there are a few odd 1-off CCS chargers here in the Boston area that are cheaper than Tesla Superchargers (Logan Airport and Reading Public Library are two examples). These are only 50 kW but usually around $0.20 to $0.30 (or even free, rarely).

Anyway

Reactions: kayak1
View attachment 1023980

Oh wow, those are some new filter options.. SC Open to Other EVs and SC Open to NACS.
yes - showed up the other day when Tesla announced the network was officially open to NACS (adapter) vehicles.

In case it's not clear, NACS sites are just v3 sites with upgraded electronics to support NACS.

The Open to Other EVs includes v3 sites with MagicDock and v4 sites (that have MagicDock built-in).

• Informative
Reactions: jlv1 and Chewy13