Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger price tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chewy13

https://ts.la/nick670348
Feb 8, 2021
Massachusetts
I didn’t want to muddy up the SC Location subforum, so I’m posting here..
Is there a tool/site that tracks the current and historical prices of superchargers?
I just noticed that Burlington/Woburn/Lynnfield are now .47 kWh during the day.

Then I noticed Framingham and Lexington are .12 and .10 kWh respectively from midnight to 4AM!?!?

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

Damn - those are some very low rates. It would be interesting to see how site utilization changes in response to those lower costs. In know in California there has been observations that when the lower cost rates kick in there is a sudden increase in cars arriving to charge.
That would be a good suggestion for supercharge.info
Always a challenge to figure out what data to collect and share through supercharge.info. I'm not sure if the rate structure is easily accessible via API which would seem to be a requirement to do anything along those lines. I'll relay.

Lexington is a 7x24 well lit rest stop. Should be fine. Framingham I don't have personal experience stopping at, but should be fine. There are multiple supercharging options in Framingham now (the other currently behind the Aloft hotel on RT 9 nearby, and a third that should open soon just up Rt 30 from the original supercharger. But with the question, i'm assuming you are thinking about taking advantage of the lower rates, so the old Framingham site is what you're more interested in.

Lexington is a 7x24 well lit rest stop. Should be fine. Framingham I don't have personal experience stopping at, but should be fine. There are multiple supercharging options in Framingham now (the other currently behind the Aloft hotel on RT 9 nearby, and a third that should open soon just up Rt 30 from the original supercharger. But with the question, i'm assuming you are thinking about taking advantage of the lower rates, so the old Framingham site is what you're more interested in.
I think I saw people on FB mentioning that you might see folks who live out of their cars at the Lexington rest stop late at night since it's open. Not sure if they bug you for money or anything.

I know they are building superchargers next to BJs/Stop n Shop in Framingham. Maybe that's the one you are talking about. Its actually right behind the USPS office. But on my last visit its still empty not sure when the installation is scheduled for. I mean the the chargers were not activated and it was empty.
1697797727235.png

I think I saw people on FB mentioning that you might see folks who live out of their cars at the Lexington rest stop late at night since it's open. Not sure if they bug you for money or anything.
yes, I've seen that person there in Lexington. And yes, was approached once by them (in the day). But not since. Incidentally there is also someone living out of their car not too far from the Gloucester supercharger as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Chewy13
I know they are building superchargers next to BJs/Stop n Shop in Framingham. Maybe that's the one you are talking about. Its actually right behind the USPS office. But on my last visit its still empty not sure when the installation is scheduled for. I mean the the chargers were not activated and it was empty. View attachment 983792
Yes - that's the new one I was referring to, although not exactly in the highlighted position in that image. I check it's status about once a week, and last visit the utility pole was still missing it's arms and no transformer.

Yes - that's the new one I was referring to, although not exactly in the highlighted position in that image. I check it's status about once a week, and last visit the utility pole was still missing it's arms and no transformer.
You are right. I went by yesterday and it seems I have it horizontal vs its actually vertical to the parking. Anyway, its still not working. There was no one there and it does not come up on Tesla Chargers site either. But looks close, hopefully it should be up before year end.

Having charge in Lexington too many times, this is a safe location. It’s a rest area for I-95 northbound. Expect to be busy, lots of people taking quick nap in vehicles, 24hr McDonald & lots of truck. It’s actually getting busier as the rate is low.

Bummer. As always, I enjoyed the low cost charging while it last.
Its actually a very good location except perhaps late at night. All shops in shoppers world shut down at 9:30 PM. But Tavern in the SQ (2 minute walk from the chargers) is actually open till 1 AM on T-S and 11:30 PM otherwise. What else you can expect in a suburb? No business can run overnight as they won't have customers. Yes you can go to MacD which is about a half a mile walk (there is a walkway though) or burger king (next to MacD) which closes around 2 AM. But you are right at that hour, there is nothing much to do except sit in the car and maybe watch a movie on Plex or Netflix. I just cannot go at that hour but if I did, that's probably what I will end up doing and catch up on many TV Series that I never get time to watch because life gets in the way :) Clearly the charger location was not designed for usage between the hours of 12-4 AM.

You are right. I went by yesterday and it seems I have it horizontal vs its actually vertical to the parking. Anyway, its still not working. There was no one there and it does not come up on Tesla Chargers site either. But looks close, hopefully it should be up before year end.
The Concord road location (Old Connecticut path Village) is now fully functional. 12 chargers, 250KW each. Rate was $0.42/KWh. More expensive than what it costs me at home. So I won't be using it but wanted to share this info with others.