Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Queen Creek, AZ - S Meridian (permit in review 12/5/23, 16 V3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has applied to install a 16 stall charger at the Queen Creek Olive Mill at 25062 S Merdian. The permit is awaiting a design review due 12/19/23 (tomorrow). This would be at least the second supercharger at an olive mill.
1702960026684.png

Strange location but I’ll take what I can get in the SE Valley!
I was just at the Olive Mill 2 weeks ago and made a comment to my wife that with all of the solar on the roof, they really should add EV charging!
This is a pretty decent location to serve Queen Creek and San Tan Valley (at the same time), plus the local roads have been recently upgraded.
The Olive Mill is world famous, but it can be a VERY busy place, with parking spots really in demand, and a 99% all dirt parking lot, so it will be interesting where they will locate the chargers, but ICEing is going to be a concern there in peak months.

I was just at the Olive Mill 2 weeks ago and made a comment to my wife that with all of the solar on the roof, they really should add EV charging!
This is a pretty decent location to serve Queen Creek and San Tan Valley (at the same time), plus the local roads have been recently upgraded.
The Olive Mill is world famous, but it can be a VERY busy place, with parking spots really in demand, and a 99% all dirt parking lot, so it will be interesting where they will locate the chargers, but ICEing is going to be a concern there in peak months.
Good thing they are putting one in at queen creek too then. Should ease some burden when this one is busy.

Finally - with this one going in and all the others in the East Valley we can only hope we'll stop seeing all those complaints the East Valley is lacking in SCs on this forum! ;-p Now, Williams would be really, really nice... it's so far between Kingman and Flagstaff... and no mention of it, but it looks like the Target parking lot on Milton might be getting SCs - the parking lot has a huge area fenced off, and it's not related to the nearby road construction as far as I can tell. The current SC at the Marriott is dreadful. I'd also take Camp Verde, would be really nice to have something there.

Finally - with this one going in and all the others in the East Valley we can only hope we'll stop seeing all those complaints the East Valley is lacking in SCs on this forum! ;-p Now, Williams would be really, really nice... it's so far between Kingman and Flagstaff... and no mention of it, but it looks like the Target parking lot on Milton might be getting SCs - the parking lot has a huge area fenced off, and it's not related to the nearby road construction as far as I can tell. The current SC at the Marriott is dreadful. I'd also take Camp Verde, would be really nice to have something there.
Pictures? Something over the fence to see if there is Tesla equipment on site?

Pictures? Something over the fence to see if there is Tesla equipment on site?
There was no indication of any supercharger activity a few weeks ago when I was there. I assume we will not see any activity until the permit is approved. I will swing by there in the next couple weeks and snap some pictures of prospective areas that chargers might be placed.

There was no indication of any supercharger activity a few weeks ago when I was there. I assume we will not see any activity until the permit is approved. I will swing by there in the next couple weeks and snap some pictures of prospective areas that chargers might be placed.
I was asking about the fenced in area at the target on Milton in flagstaff that @BenBethel mentioned. Not this site.

Stopped by the Queen Creek Olive Mill today. No obvious construction (or ground marking) activity. I did talk to an employee who confirmed that a Tesla Supercharger will be soon be built on-site. I “suggested” probably this summer, but the employee thought it would be sooner than that.
I did snap some photos of 3 possible supercharger installation locations, one of them right by an existing 1000kVA transformer. All 3 locations would be somewhat close to the front door, making ICEing a little more likely during really busy times. But, the overall parking area is huge, so there really shouldn’t ever be a parking shortage.

Attachments

• IMG_9929.jpeg
    IMG_9929.jpeg
    430.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9928.jpeg
    IMG_9928.jpeg
    430.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9926.jpeg
    IMG_9926.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9925.jpeg
    IMG_9925.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 23
Stopped by the Queen Creek Olive Mill today. No obvious construction (or ground marking) activity. I did talk to an employee who confirmed that a Tesla Supercharger will be soon be built on-site. I “suggested” probably this summer, but the employee thought it would be sooner than that.
I did snap some photos of 3 possible supercharger installation locations, one of them right by an existing 1000kVA transformer. All 3 locations would be somewhat close to the front door, making ICEing a little more likely during really busy times. But, the overall parking area is huge, so there really shouldn’t ever be a parking shortage.
Permit hasn’t been issued so no marking yet.

Permit issued 3/7. Might get to work right away or might not.