Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richardson, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposably, any sites under construction will still be completed. Now there may be a delay in wrapping things up because of lot of the contractors have lost their Point of Contacts with Tesla so they are trying to figure out who they need to get in touch with now.

This whole layoff thing was done poorly and with no planning or consideration to how it would affect the existing build-out operations. Many reports from contractors about being left hanging with no one to talk to at Tesla...

Here now, still not hooked to power. I called Oncor and asked for a status report and a very helpful guy named Jeff in commercial installation division looked it up and said the only notes on the Oncor work order said “waiting on underground service hook-up”. Maybe that is what the empty concrete pad/pit with 4” electrical conduits coming out of the ground next to the Tesla transformers is for. He said if I could provide him with a work order number he could give me more info but all I can find is the permit number from the city of Richardson, but don’t have a work order number from the electric company, ONCOR. When I was there yesterday two different people WHO DIDN’T KNOW BETTER with rental Model Y’s pulled in and plugged in their rental cars thinking they were charging and when i told them the charger wasn’t turned on yet, the plugs were stuck in their charge ports and had i not been there to show them how to manually un hook the connecting plug from their charge port they would be stuck/stranded. I think I will go back tomorrow and put signs on the superchargers letting people know they are not yet hooked up and to NOT PLUG IN THEIR CAR.

I
Here now, still not hooked to power. I called Oncor and asked for a status report and a very helpful guy named Jeff in commercial installation division looked it up and said the only notes on the Oncor work order said “waiting on underground service hook-up”. Maybe that is what the empty concrete pad/pit with 4” electrical conduits coming out of the ground next to the Tesla transformers is for. He said if I could provide him with a work order number he could give me more info but all I can find is the permit number from the city of Richardson, but don’t have a work order number from the electric company, ONCOR. When I was there yesterday two different people WHO DIDN’T KNOW BETTER with rental Model Y’s pulled in and plugged in their rental cars thinking they were charging and when i told them the charger wasn’t turned on yet, the plugs were stuck in their charge ports and had i not been there to show them how to manually un hook the connecting plug from their charge port they would be stuck/stranded. I think I will go back tomorrow and put signs on the superchargers letting people know they are not yet hooked up and to NOT PLUG IN THEIR CAR.
I saw the signs. If that was you doing it, thanks! It would help those newbies to EV charging not to hook up their tesla. I really hope tesla re-establish the SC team back up soon. Summer is coming and lots of us will be needing the SC network for road trips.

Yes, those are my signs I put up. I go back and check them every day or so. Hope they help keep people from plugging in as well as keep people from constantly wasting their time plugging in to see if the chargers are live yet. As long as the signs are up, the CS is not live.