Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, VA - S Providence Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve always thought this was a really weird location from day one, but I figured it was for locals vs travelers. They really do need one off 288 somewhere. I figured at Hull Street/360 would be a choice or any of the other exits on that side. I do remember seeing they may have one at the new Royal Farms on Hull Street, but that is a year away probably as they haven’t even cleared the land yet last I heard.

Reactions: Anthony R.
I don't really have a horse in that race as I'm rarely in that part of Richmond, but let me ask: what do you think the biggest need is: travelers passing through on highways (US-60, US-360, I-64), or local users that have no home/work charging options? That will help dictate where and what types of hosts would be best suited for network expansion.
You’re not wrong but 288 is a major thoroughfare with most of the suburbs and population on that side of Richmond. It’s also another loop around the city to I-64 west and anyone traveling on 360 in/out of town. Last I recall it’s only not a numbered interstate for some obscure technical reason from back in the day.

I’ve always thought this was a really weird location from day one, but I figured it was for locals vs travelers. They really do need one off 288 somewhere. I figured at Hull Street/360 would be a choice or any of the other exits on that side. I do remember seeing they may have one at the new Royal Farms on Hull Street, but that is a year away probably as they haven’t even cleared the land yet last I heard.
Ideally the best place to put one, for real, on the west side of Richmond is that 288/60 exit on the west side of that interchange. Plenty of gas stations or shopping parking lots to put them in.

Has anyone else had you or a family member being propositioned during a stop here? People having mental episodes in the restrooms? Rampant sketchyness, especially after dark? My wife and I can’t be the only ones… Is there any way to register incidents with Tesla besides the Supercharger Review in the app?

We will be happy to forgo FUSC and use the Koloumb charger in Swift Creek once it goes online, but I don’t know why Tesla still isn’t putting chargers along 288.