Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Road Trips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The worst was Temecula, ca which was located on the third floor of a parking garage in a shopping mall. Tesla nav did say third floor, but we hadn't paid attention during the road trip.

It might be convenient to color code or shade the supercharger dots by ease of highway access.

PlugShare usually had good directions and some pictures. You might consider contributing descriptions and pictures to PlugShare if you think they need additional details.

I agree with that. Plugshare is in the top 2 (if not top 1) places many drivers go for supercharger information. The videos are a great idea, but it's more than a bit counterproductive to start up another site without also adding what you can to Plugshare.

PlugShare usually had good directions and some pictures. You might consider contributing descriptions and pictures to PlugShare if you think they need additional details.
Do you have a specific example? I tried using plugshare this weekend to see what it was like and I found it not only cumbersome to use but also less than informative, at least for the San Marcos, TX supercharger I used in my "test".

Do you have a specific example? I tried using plugshare this weekend to see what it was like and I found it not only cumbersome to use but also less than informative, at least for the San Marcos, TX supercharger I used in my "test".

Never having been to the San Marcos SC, it looks OK in PlugShare to me. Not sure what problems you had, and I'm not going through a 20 minute video to find out.

I did have a problem finding the Augusta GA SC. After I finally figured it out I edited the PlugShare instructions to add the information I would have found helpful. It's a crowd-sourced info app, so only as good as what people bother to upload. Go ahead and add information to the San Marcos TX SC entry if you can make it better. That was my suggestion above.

I have found PlugShare easy enough to use. I enter the city name, select from the drop down list, zoom around to find the orange SC marker and tap on it and the popup SC description. For SC's buried in parking structures or pay parking lots the added info can be very helpful.

PlugShare gets more and more useful as more people use it. By checking in and out from the app, it gives a fairly recent list of either successful or unsuccessful use of a charging station. This process is manual though. Tesla should extend their existing mobile app to provide the same historical log but it would be easier as check in / check outs would be automatically logged by your car.

Like PlugShare, Tesla can also facilitate drivers contacting each other when necessary. Identity can be completely left out but simply just pick from a list of cars based on station and stall number. That way if you need an emergency charge you can contact someone who may be otherwise just parked at the stall.