Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockford, IL - McFarland Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped here yesterday on my way to Chicago. The middle four stalls were still covered.

On the return trip today, I used the Cherryvale supercharger. The problem with Cherryvale for traffic going west from Chicago is the fact that you have to just across two lanes on 39 very quickly to get to this supercharger, but you would not have to pay the Riverside ramp toll.

(Next time I will consider exiting at Irene Road to reach Cherryvale since it appears to offer a safer access for traffic going west on the tollway.)
I have to stop at Rockford fairly often for my trips west from Chicago and back, especially during winter with an older S(Rochelle needs to get done ASAP). It seems the new location hasn't slowed down traffic to Cherryvale yet. Been very busy the last month and lots of 3's and Y's not taking advantage of the faster charge rate at the new stop.

Cherryvale seems easier to get to and a better location, perhaps they should have just expanded that spot like Bolingbrook.

I have to stop at Rockford fairly often for my trips west from Chicago and back, especially during winter with an older S(Rochelle needs to get done ASAP). It seems the new location hasn't slowed down traffic to Cherryvale yet. Been very busy the last month and lots of 3's and Y's not taking advantage of the faster charge rate at the new stop.

Cherryvale seems easier to get to and a better location, perhaps they should have just expanded that spot like Bolingbrook.
The key advantage the Cherryvale location offers is that it is close to the tollway and that no tolls are taken at the interchange that serves it. The problem is a tricky merge for traffic coming from Chicago.