Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Listed as Temporary Closure but it did still include charging time in the nav, odd. No power. One handicap spot. Little black bollards next to each pedestal (didn’t they just take out all the red ones everywhere?)
Looks like sensors, lights, or cameras next to the screen.
View attachment 1021539

They took out parking stops and bollards at V3s, but V4s have longer cables.

Reactions: kayak1
Tested today and as expected not active. Online also shows not available.

IMG_1718.jpeg

Finished my grocery shopping and this crew is working. The handicapped spot walkway is “2%” (maybe he meant degrees) out of level to be ADA compliant. This is an unusual walkway behind the pedestal I have not seen at any other SC. The crew had no idea why the pedestals were not on, or when. They were contractors, not part of Tesla. They were grinding the cement to make it level.

Perhaps failing ADA code prevented them from being turned on? The concrete looked level to me, and I do not understand why the walkway was even advantageous to a wheel chair user.

IMG_1719.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan and kayak1
Finished my grocery shopping and this crew is working. The handicapped spot walkway is “2%” (maybe he meant degrees) out of level to be ADA compliant. This is an unusual walkway behind the pedestal I have not seen at any other SC. The crew had no idea why the pedestals were not on, or when. They were contractors, not part of Tesla. They were grinding the cement to make it level.

Perhaps failing ADA code prevented them from being turned on? The concrete looked level to me, and I do not understand why the walkway was even advantageous to a wheel chair user.
The holster and card reader will be on the opposite side to the charge port for German and Detroit position cars.
Detroit position cars in particular may have to park close to the stall.

So for some people with mobility issues, the walkway around the back may help them cross to the other side of the stall.

It will work, but not be great.

Stopped by today, a Tesla guy was working. Said he doesn’t know when, but should be by end of next month (March!). He was rather evasive on what the problem was.

Sure looks done, at least to me. I wonder if this has something to do with Maine’s EV charging initiative, so it can’t be turned on before some approval for funding is released. Just a guess.

Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
Stopped by today, a Tesla guy was working. Said he doesn’t know when, but should be by end of next month (March!). He was rather evasive on what the problem was.

Sure looks done, at least to me. I wonder if this has something to do with Maine’s EV charging initiative, so it can’t be turned on before some approval for funding is released. Just a guess.

Maybe it's money, but might just be allowing time to get everything set up, including the payment system.
Or maybe an event has been scheduled. :p

The guys working said they hoped by the end of month. Not that I actually need this SC, but sure is frustrating to be sooo close but still no cigar.

View attachment 1027450
Did you tell them about the planned New England Tesla Owners meetup at this supercharger for April 7th, and that we NEED them to have it up by then? 😁. (If it's not up, a meetup will still occur - just won't be as fun if we can't charge and play with the MagicDock)

Reactions: jlv1 and kayak1
Did you tell them about the planned New England Tesla Owners meetup at this supercharger for April 7th, and that we NEED them to have it up by then? 😁. (If it's not up, a meetup will still occur - just won't be as fun if we can't charge and play with the MagicDock)
Magic Docks aren't toys for Tesla owners to play with! They're for us non-Tesla owners to play with!

With Magic Dock, you can then use your CCS1->NACS adapter.
Hopefully I can get an adapter in 2025Q1* and then have a choice of using Magic Dock or adapter. But I don't think it would be Plug & Charge capable, so I wouldn't get a full nerfed Tesla experience.

* HyunKia says adapters will be available from 2025Q1, their models will be refreshed with NACS ports from 2024Q4.

Magic Docks aren't toys for Tesla owners to play with! They're for us non-Tesla owners to play with!
:p The point being while at a group meetup we anticipate demonstrating MagicDock so that people understand how it works, and the simplicity of the solution Tesla has engineered. It would be incredible if, while the Teslas were oohing and awing over the v4 posts, one or more other brands swung by to charge and validate the future of EV charging!

I for one am glad non-Tesla owners can finally join in the supercharging fun. The game is just starting, and it won't be fun for everyone for some time as it's still a bit one sided. All participants will benefit from practicing good sportsmanship along the way.

:p The point being while at a group meetup we anticipate demonstrating MagicDock so that people understand how it works, and the simplicity of the solution Tesla has engineered. It would be incredible if, while the Teslas were oohing and awing over the v4 posts, one or more other brands swung by to charge and validate the future of EV charging!

I for one am glad non-Tesla owners can finally join in the supercharging fun. The game is just starting, and it won't be fun for everyone for some time as it's still a bit one sided. All participants will benefit from practicing good sportsmanship along the way.
Well, I hope it's open, so I could drive over and get an unnecessary charge. (It'd make it a busy weekend. South Portland Earth Month EV event Saturday*, Rockland Sunday and Eclipse Monday.)

I've already used a Magic Dock before, so my Tesla account should be set up for use of app, but of course I'd be able to use the card reader to pay by credit card as well.

* Plug plug plug Drive Electric Earth Month • EV Expo • South Portland, ME • Apr 06, 2024

Tesla may finally be making some headway getting this site online. It's transitioned from closure back to a wait (with ALL stalls still showing down) this evening. It was showing this same status a few weeks ago too when it first came online. I would not consider the site open by any means.