Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla is working with the Salem NH Planning Board for approval to install a supercharger at the Rockingham Mall near the existing Electrify America site. The address noted on the exhibit displayed at a recent planning board shows as 81 Rockingham Park Blvd, Salem, NH 03079. Discussions at the September 12th and 26th meetings centered around site restrictions with respect to proximity to EA site, not losing any parking spaces, plantings, etc... This was presented in both meetings in the less formal "public matters" portion of the meeting providing an opportunity for informal board discussion on the project, and also indicating a public hearing path is not required to move the project forward.

1697738008520.png

I'll add that at a Portsmouth, NH zoning board meeting earlier this week Tesla was on the agenda there for a small showroom in a mall (no service/deliveries - product display and test drives only). During that discussion the individual presenting the plan shared Tesla is working on several other similar showroom locations in New England and specifically mentioned Salem as one of them. Details on the Salem location have not yet been found, and it's not clear where that is in the proposal/approval process.

I'll add that at a Portsmouth, NH zoning board meeting earlier this week Tesla was on the agenda there for a small showroom in a mall (no service/deliveries - product display and test drives only). During that discussion the individual presenting the plan shared Tesla is working on several other similar showroom locations in New England and specifically mentioned Salem as one of them. Details on the Salem location have not yet been found, and it's not clear where that is in the proposal/approval process.

That’s good to hear bet we could really use a delivery center in NH. How many of us have had to go to Paramus NJ to take delivery?
The Londonderry, NH service center and showroom has been approved - should be breaking ground early next year with a target opening late 2024. Once open, going to New Jersey to pickup a car will become a thing of the past.

I was able to confirm of exact location of the showroom. It's at Tuscan Village near the entrance on the mall side of the property. It is not a Tesla-owned space so there is no approval process needed via the Town of Salem. If you're walking around you can find it by the dog park at the entrance mentioned above and the storefront has a huge banner featuring a Golden Retriever awaiting their human with climate control on.
20231114_153111.jpg

Attachments

• 20231114_153111.jpg
    20231114_153111.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Informative
Reactions: Farmer and Tdreamer
With the Lawrence, MA site making progress and crews having vacated the area, I'll keep an eye on this site periodically (this site might be next?🤞). I do my grocery shopping in the area so I should be able to swing by from time to time for updates.

Reactions: kayak1