Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Painted Post, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by on my way through the area yesterday morning. The dumpster is back. Some pavement patching is needed. No bollards. And I couldn't find either a transformer or a transformer pad. So it isn't clear to me where the power is coming from.

IMG_3549.jpeg

IMG_3551.jpeg
IMG_3552.jpeg

IMG_3553.jpeg

IMG_3554.jpeg

IMG_3555.jpeg

IMG_3556.jpeg

I stopped by on my way through the area yesterday morning. The dumpster is back. Some pavement patching is needed. No bollards. And I couldn't find either a transformer or a transformer pad. So it isn't clear to me where the power is coming from.
The photo with the dumpster shows a big bucket on a power pole, so they might use a group of 3 pole-mounted transformers. That's occasionally been used elsewhere.

Reactions: eskudo12791
The pole mounted single phase transformers seem to max out at 167 kVA (sample specs), so three of them would be 500 kVA. I have been told that a V3 cabinet normally has a 387 kVA feed. This 16 stall site has 4 cabinets, so it should have a total supply of about 1,550 kVA. So there are either nine of those pole mounted transformers somewhere, or there must be the typical pad mounted transformer hiding in plain sight.

Reactions: jrreno