Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Ardo, CA (LIVE 28 Jun 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would normally say right next to the switchgear cabinet and there is a pad there (middle picture post #17) but it looks awfully small. It will probably be to the right of that cabinet and will have its own pad once power is trenched in to the site. Unless the power is already underground from a farther away transformer (out of sight if any of the pictures), it doesn’t look like that part of the process is done.

On another note, it looks like Tesla is trialing a new PSU setup with built in mounts for the solar canopies and pre-mounted solar inverters (which surprisingly aren’t Tesla branded, middle picture post #13).

I would normally say right next to the switchgear cabinet and there is a pad there (middle picture post #17) but it looks awfully small. It will probably be to the right of that cabinet and will have its own pad once power is trenched in to the site. Unless the power is already underground from a farther away transformer (out of sight if any of the pictures), it doesn’t look like that part of the process is done.

On another note, it looks like Tesla is trialing a new PSU setup with built in mounts for the solar canopies and pre-mounted solar inverters (which surprisingly aren’t Tesla branded, middle picture post #13).
Given where it is on the 101, I was wondering this might end up being a V4…

Drove by yesterday. looks like paving needed and transformer.
IMG_4880.jpeg

Drove by yesterday. looks like paving needed and transformer.View attachment 945956
Did you see anything off to the right of your picture? It looks like a pile of dirt. Transformer location might be farther to the right. There should be a pad or conduits stubbed somewhere since everything else looks in place. Judging by the concrete for ADA, I doubt they will pave. Makes no sense to concrete one spot and a path of you’re paving the whole lot anyways.

As of Thursday 6/22/23 a bunch of soil has been disturbed, (or maybe this is just landscape mulch needing to be spread?), but for sure it looks like a transformer box is now in place.
While the stations themselves are still wrapped in plastic, here's hoping they are close to getting this site on-line soon!
Aside from being conveniently located between Paso/Greenfield and right off the exit, it's a super scenic location.

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

PXL_20230601_225704758.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2045.JPG
    IMG_2045.JPG
    831.5 KB · Views: 50
Stopped there Saturday afternoon, June 24 and though it was closed and superchargers not online, bathroom was open and super clean. Bathroom is located on right side of building next to a nicely covered shady patio with giant fan overhead and picnic table underneath.

Reactions: goldengate
This one has a great look... is this a new model for Superchargers with the cool solar canopy? I don't think I've seen that aside from the really huge sites.
Can't wait to try this one out!!!
With the owner having a Tesla, I’d guess they approached Tesla and maybe requested certain specifics for the site. Or they were more amenable to what Tesla wanted to do. A lot of smaller sites are in more urban areas where solar canopies won’t fit or aren’t allowed maybe. Would be nice to see more going forward.

I drove by it yesterday, I did not see it on the map in the car, but it was clearly visible from the southbound freeway. I might be using it when I'm going northbound. My AC was not working yesterday, so that might not have been the best place to stop with no AC.

Car chose to stop at this charger today.

This is primarily an Olive Oil processing facility. There is a small shop that was open today, Shop keeper (owner?) was explaining the various olive oils and giving samples to taste. Shop sells olive oil, and ice cream (I think olive oil flavored, shop keeper was too busy with other customers for me to bother him with questions that would not make him any money).

I expect eventually they will start selling T-shirts and baseball caps, but for now, it is just olive oil and ice cream.

Dirt lot kicks up dust no matter how slow you drive. Also makes it hard to park properly since any lines on the dirt are long gone.

One oddity I did notice: There is a pipe sticking out of the building in the corner closest to my camera in the second picture. (the pipe is barely visible in the photo) I saw a bird flying in and out of that pipe. I think it was building a nest. Unfortunately that pipe looks like it is directly over a funnel from one of the oil processing machines. I hope they do something to keep bird droppings out of the olive oil.
DSC07996.JPG
DSC07997.JPG

Car chose to stop at this charger today.

This is primarily an Olive Oil processing facility. There is a small shop that was open today, Shop keeper (owner?) was explaining the various olive oils and giving samples to taste. Shop sells olive oil, and ice cream (I think olive oil flavored, shop keeper was too busy with other customers for me to bother him with questions that would not make him any money).

I expect eventually they will start selling T-shirts and baseball caps, but for now, it is just olive oil and ice cream.

Dirt lot kicks up dust no matter how slow you drive. Also makes it hard to park properly since any lines on the dirt are long gone.

One oddity I did notice: There is a pipe sticking out of the building in the corner closest to my camera in the second picture. (the pipe is barely visible in the photo) I saw a bird flying in and out of that pipe. I think it was building a nest. Unfortunately that pipe looks like it is directly over a funnel from one of the oil processing machines. I hope they do something to keep bird droppings out of the olive oil.
View attachment 956405View attachment 956406
I am sure things are washed and filtered before you get them as oil. Do you see coverings on trees to protect the olives (and any other tree crop) from bird droppings while they are growing? Chances of bird droppings on tree fruit is very high yet you never see those droppings on fruit in the store.

I am sure things are washed and filtered before you get them as oil. Do you see coverings on trees to protect the olives (and any other tree crop) from bird droppings while they are growing? Chances of bird droppings on tree fruit is very high yet you never see those droppings on fruit in the store.
The pipe that the bird is nesting in appears to be above the funnel that collects the olive oil after it has been squeezed. If the bird is going in and out of that pipe as the olives are squeezed, the bird could be a problem.

The pipe that the bird is nesting in appears to be above the funnel that collects the olive oil after it has been squeezed. If the bird is going in and out of that pipe as the olives are squeezed, the bird could be a problem.
I am sure they are aware. If you don’t think they are aware, please tell them about it to save somebody from possobly eating a natural product that has been soiled by bird poop.

Stopped by on the way to Tesla Takeover and the owner got his way, no paving, they now have little concrete strips on both sides of each parking space. The paint on gravel was a lost cause, this is actually very nice. Just high enough to be seen over the gravel and be noticeable driving across.

Reactions: Mrbrock