Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you purchase and charge recently?

I would recommend that anyone who used a credit card at the coffee shop in the Qualcomm building to the east of the Superchargers check their credit card account. Call your credit card company immediately if you see anything unusual on your statement in regard to CAFE AY. My future purchases will be made with cash.

Last edited:
I would recommend that anyone who used a credit card at the coffee shop in the Qualcomm building to the east of the Superchargers check their credit card account. Call your credit card company immediately if you see anything unusual on your statement in regard to CAFE AY. My future purchases will be made with cash.

If it is vending machine, they tend to over charge the min u swip as a method to check author
Amount and correct it days after

There was supposedly a glitch in the system that caused some cards to be charged more than once, and they're working on issuing refunds.

Edit: I was incorrect about badge access to the coffee shop. The lobby where it is located does not require badge access during business hours.

Last edited:
FYI- Went to charge here this Saturday at 11. Every charger was taken and we were waiting. Turns out (per Hanna Romley at tesla) there are some problems with this charger. As of Saturday the only ones working were 2B, 3B (albeit slowly....it said 11 hours to fill up) , 5A, 5B, 6A, and 6B
You can call 877-798-3752 for supercharger help and availability....

I stopped there at noon today, and still only half of the Chargers were working, with cars waiting to charge while I was connected. One owner left their car connected and did not return all of the time I was there, so I am sure it was fully charged, but still blocking a needed charger. Maybe there should be a system to report these owners to the SC team to make certain these owners received the "SC usage warning email"?

I am from Scottsdale, AZ and love to visit San Diego multiple times per year. To have a supercharger so close to the 8 freeway in the San Diego area would make it so much easier to drive the Model S.

I like that Fashion Valley has food choices, so I won't be sitting around in a parking lot with nothing to do. I don't mind watching the charging screen in the car for a while, but my fiancé is going to feel otherwise...

A location like this would allow for a quick stop on the way into town and a quick stop on the way out of town. Hope Tesla chooses a location near the 8 freeway...