Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I just see you get dropped off to pickup your car after the Charger game. Shame on you for leaving your car plugged in while you went to the game
image.jpeg

Personally I don't see any need for anyone to wait by the car while charging. I usually go for a walk to get a nice 30 min exercise and find a restroom.

As long as you don't keep your car plugged in while not charging (while there are cars waiting) I'm ok with leaving it there

Personally I don't see any need for anyone to wait by the car while charging. I usually go for a walk to get a nice 30 min exercise and find a restroom.

As long as you don't keep your car plugged in while not charging (while there are cars waiting) I'm ok with leaving it there

i agree, but unfortunately there are some inconsiderate folks that leave their car plugged in and go to football games or go shopping even though their car is fully charge.

i agree, but unfortunately there are some inconsiderate folks that leave their car plugged in and go to football games or go shopping even though their car is fully charge.

Yes, happens all the time in Silicon Valley... folks seem to think that having an EV is a pass to use special parking spots. Gets many steamed when the NEED the charge to continue on a trip.

Yes! I think we are being throttled. Just unplug and plug back in to charge at full rate. That proves it's not a battery or supercharger issue. Would be interesting if nonlocals have similar issue. I only charge there 1-2 / month when I have to work overnight and cannot charge at night at home.

It would exceeding dumb for Tesla to throttle local users and NOT TELL THEM. It would result in the Superchargers getting even more clogged, not less.

Kinda reminds me of Dr. Strangelove when the Russians never got around to telling us about their doomsday bomb.

It happens consistently to me regardless of stall used. I only charge 1-2/month and only to be able to run errands after working all night. But it really pisses me off. I have thought about letting the car sit there for three hours out of spite, but I wouldn't dare out of respect to fellow owners

Last edited:
Unless and until they add an SC in North County and, ideally, one nearer the border (San Ysidro is only the busiest land border crossing on the planet) or elsewhere in the metro SD area to support density, this one SC per county thing is going to continue to be a wholly avoidable problem of the SC team's own creation.