Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Gabriel, CA - Valley Blvd. (LIVE, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There appear to be a large number of additional Temp Closures in SoCal today to match the ones in NorCal I saw yesterday. Highland, Mojave, Barstow, Bakersfield. Very curious

I think @cpa has an interesting theory that Tesla is experimenting with taking certain sites offline during periods of low usage to minimize operating costs.

Could also be upgrades, maintenance or maybe installing MagicDocks.

Reactions: gaswalla
I'm voting for magic dock installs... no reason for Tesla to overbuild capacity and then shut down various sites. Makes more sense to convert the extra capacity into revenue generators (and brand building) by opening up these sites to non-Teslas

Reactions: Misterbee
I think @cpa has an interesting theory that Tesla is experimenting with taking certain sites offline during periods of low usage to minimize operating costs.

Could also be upgrades, maintenance or maybe installing MagicDocks.
This is a very high usage site. Very! Neither taking it offline for low usage or adding magic docks to increase usage make any sense, but maybe we'll see. It leaves a big hole in the supercharger availability in the San Gabriel area.
It's closure on Friday was a huge inconvenience for me as I didn't even realize it was gone till half way through a long trip through LA.
Having it closed for a long period is a big deal for those of us who use it regularly.
On Thursday there was no sign of anything happening at the site. Just yellow tape in front of the superchargers.

I'm voting for magic dock installs... no reason for Tesla to overbuild capacity and then shut down various sites. Makes more sense to convert the extra capacity into revenue generators (and brand building) by opening up these sites to non-Teslas
oh please oh please oh please. I would love this. I also promise if I ever am fortunate enough to be near a Magic Dock Supercharger and need to charge to go forward on my drive, I will do everything in my power to take the proper spot or a non-charging spot on the sides, etc.

Also, please do not sneer at me when you see me 😂 I was once one of you.

from what I heard Focus Plaze was sold to the a new company. The company that bought it took over the 99 Ranch Market for now. I do not remember the name of the new market. if you look many stores are now empty with brown paper over the windows. They will start working on the end where the market and superchargers are. not sure if it will be a complete rebuild with condos on the top like the other developments across the street or a rebuilt of just the shops.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc