Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Gabriel, CA - Valley Blvd. (LIVE 5 Aug 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

TM3R

Jul 31, 2018
Los Angeles
It will be if you back the car in :/
You need to back it in for using the supercharger anyway. To me, it sounds like you have never used the supercharger before since there are no way to get charge at most supercharger that you can head in unless the charger place at the side. I have seen some of these (There are 2 at Downey). Also, the stalls are placed at the right corner of each space, If you back up from the other side, I don’t think the cable is long enough. Last weekend, I was at other V3 chargers, and I need to back all the way till almost hit the curb to get charge. Anyway, it is interesting as you bring it up. If I have time later today, I will drop by and test it out from the other side with some picture.

FOOLSLFDRVNG

Nov 3, 2020
Los Angeles
20 chargers total. I think it’s a great location. San Gabriel is trying to turn itself into a tourist destination.
A9CBFB4D-6B37-4EC5-B552-FE70EDC435B4.jpeg

Speight

Jan 20, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
You need to back it in for using the supercharger anyway. To me, it sounds like you have never used the supercharger before since there are no way to get charge at most supercharger that you can head in unless the charger place at the side. I have seen some of these (There are 2 at Downey). Also, the stalls are placed at the right corner of each space, If you back up from the other side, I don’t think the cable is long enough. Last weekend, I was at other V3 chargers, and I need to back all the way till almost hit the curb to get charge. Anyway, it is interesting as you bring it up. If I have time later today, I will drop by and test it out from the other side with some picture.
The spots on the "wrong" side are narrower than those on the correct side so some of them line up with the posts better than others. I expect that some will be close enough to work and some won't. It should be pretty clear which side the chargers are intended for, especially when it is in use and all the Teslas are on one side.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC