Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scarborough, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but I think a location close to the 401 makes more sense. None of the existing SCs in Toronto are on the 401, although the Fairview Mall one is quite close.

The Scarborough Smart Centre is at Eglinton and Pharmacy and very close to the Lawrence Service Centre which has SCs (although they are rumoured to be closing) and the forthcoming Don Mills SC. There is also a Scarborough East Smart Centre at Morningside and the 401. That is a possiblity but it is quite close to the Pickering location.

There are a bunch of Canadian Tires that are also possibilities but IMO most of them aren't great locations - Danforth & Vic Park, St Clair & Kingston, and Cedarbrae Mall, for example.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Same praying it will be STC as its so close 401 !
If it is by the Best Buy that is super easy to access from the 401 as there is an exit onto Progress Ave right beside there. Getting back on ther 401 is a bit trickier, but not too bad. The only downside to this site is that you have to walk to the mall for food and there won't be too many options nearby if the mall is closed.

A weird location it could be is the Canadian Tire at McCowan and Sheppard. It'll be beside a subway station, but not until the end of the decade. Not sure if the Electrify Canada location there precludes a Supercharger though.

That being said, I'd agree somewhere on the north side of Progress between Brimley and McCowan would be my best bet/hope.

Reactions: wayner
So this is Don Mills then ?
Looks like it. Level 2 of the parkade, a few metres down from the Flo charging station. I could count maybe 3 or 4 sitting there but I hope it'll have at least 6 stations when complete.

Don Mills Supercharger 1.jpg

Here is a map of Scarborough and the surrounding area with this new location shown as the red square. Also shows that this is more of a Pickering location that Scarborough as it is pretty close to the dividing line between Toronto and Durham. Not really that convenient for people that live in Scarborough and need the occasional boost from an SC as they don't have charging at home, it is better situated to 401 travellers. But they already have Pickering a few km away. That's why I say STC would have been a better spot. Maybe we will see another one there in the near future.
1665152309372.png

Alright, Post #20: the first indicator of construction.

6780 Kingston Rd
Scarborough, ON M1B 1G8
@Big Earl