Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scotts Valley, CA (LIVE 30 Jan 2020, 16 V3 stalls + Magic Docks)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will go out on a limb and say that the conduit layout indicates 16 V3 bays. The distribution cabinets are also of the type used in V3 installations, but that's not as definitive as the conduit layout.
This will be interesting. From the pictures and google maps, it looks like they are working in an area with only 10 existing parking spots, and landscaping, in a weird triangular parking/driving arrangement. Maybe someone can pinpoint the stalls and numbers exactly, but I’m guessing right of this dot: Google Maps

Six bare metal posts are sticking up out of the ground so far, and the white cabinet is fastened down.

E68F4C6B-F63A-45B4-9613-E6BAC17832C4.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf and Ulmo
I will go out on a limb and say that the conduit layout indicates 16 V3 bays. The distribution cabinets are also of the type used in V3 installations, but that's not as definitive as the conduit layout.
Scotts Valley used to have some industrial sites near it, and that parking lot abuts the main road which likely has the main high voltage circuits for the city. I suppose getting V3 power rates would be fairly trivial in that location, but I'm just guessing.

Scotts Valley used to have some industrial sites near it, and that parking lot abuts the main road which likely has the main high voltage circuits for the city. I suppose getting V3 power rates would be fairly trivial in that location, but I'm just guessing.
So far, the V3 sites we've seen use the same 2500KVA utility transformers as the larger V2 sites. The paperwork left behind at the Manteca - Spreckles site also indicates that V3 cabinets use 700A breakers in the 277Y480V distribution cabinet. That means that each 4 stalls actually share about 525kW. That is pretty far short of the previously expected 1MW per cabinet. It's still a huge improvement over V2 with 131kW average per stall instead of 72kW.

Anyway, that was just a long-winded way of saying V3 utility requirements probably aren't usually higher than V2 sites.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and mociaf9
Saturday 6:18PM (Oct 19, 2019) Pics 1 of 2: Installed pedestal bases, sweep of pics left to right, and one more shot from right side of first sweep: 7 total installed pedestal bases (out of 16 of any status on site):

Area of already installed items inside fenced in area from left to right:
(Notice in first pic the row against left fenceline which is depicted in pics in next message.)
IMG_6212 Left A.JPG

The input supply trench can be seen in back of the next three pictures (more pics of input trench in next message):
IMG_6215 Left B.JPG
IMG_6217 Left C.JPG
IMG_6221 Middle Diag.JPG
IMG_6218 Left D.JPG
IMG_6220 Left E.JPG
IMG_6223 Pedestal reshot.JPG

From right side of initial sweep of pics above (notice row against rear fenceline which is depicted in pics in next message):
IMG_6249 Pedestals from other side.JPG

Last edited:
Saturday 6:21PM (Oct 19, 2019) Pics 2 of 2: Other areas:

Trench to another row of parking (I assume for another row of plug pedestals branched from charger cabinets); notice that this row is seen from another angle in first and last pics of above message:
IMG_6230 New Area Row 1.JPG

Recently cut tree stump in that row just to left of trench (2 pics):
IMG_6231 New Area Row 2.JPG

IMG_6232 New Area Stump 3.JPG

That row to the right of trench:
IMG_6233 New Area Right 4.JPG

Trench from street (assumed electricity supply) (2 pics):
IMG_6236 From Street 1.JPG

IMG_6239 From Street 2.JPG

9 total uninstalled pedestal bases (out of 16 of any status on site) (2 pics):
IMG_6228 Pedestal Unused 1.JPG

IMG_6227 Pedestal Unused 2.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like it should be 12 stalls. I only see 7 in the picture above. Are there 5 more stalls on the other side of the distribution cabinets and transformer pad?
I count 8 bases installed in the main area we have pics of. Plus there are at least a few in the background past the porta-potty in an area we don't have pics from. And if you look at some of the other pictures from Ulmo's Oct. 19th post, you can see there's actually what looks like another grouping of cabinet conduits on a separate pad just to the left (the corner of the pad is just barely peeking into the frame from the left on the shot I re-posted above), so it's possible that the site will have 16 stalls total.
Scotts Valley_count2.jpeg

Last edited: