Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Spartanburg, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla updated their map! A potential I-26/I-85 SuC!

E7A62A5F-0305-4FEA-BDD5-783549E9622B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this area pretty well as a a local resident, so I'm going to speculate and suggest this new SuC will more dedicated to I-26 than I-85. There isn't much around the I-85/I-26 interchange, but a few miles down I-26 there is a massive shopping center area just like the new SuC in Columbia off I-26 on Harbison Blvd. This wouldn't be too far out of the way for I-85 travelers if needed, but I-26 is more of a need than I-85 at this point also. Salisbury, NC and Gastonia, NC are coming soon to service I-85 as well.

1660247154964.png

Reactions: theothertom
I know this area pretty well as a a local resident, so I'm going to speculate and suggest this new SuC will more dedicated to I-26 than I-85. There isn't much around the I-85/I-26 interchange, but a few miles down I-26 there is a massive shopping center area just like the new SuC in Columbia off I-26 on Harbison Blvd. This wouldn't be too far out of the way for I-85 travelers if needed, but I-26 is more of a need than I-85 at this point also. Salisbury, NC and Gastonia, NC are coming soon to service I-85 as well.

View attachment 839749
Because of traffic, I was personally hoping for a little east of here. I suspect that you are right, though. There are a lot of underutilized parking lots in the area that could be used.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Because of traffic, I was personally hoping for a little east of here. I suspect that you are right, though. There are a lot of underutilized parking lots in the area that could be used.
We already have Woodruff Rd in Greenville and Harbison Blvd in Columbia, so we need to add this area for Spartanburg to complete the SuC traffic trifecta 😄 Oh and the North Charleston SuC can get trafficky as well!

Reactions: LBMagneto
We already have Woodruff Rd in Greenville and Harbison Blvd in Columbia, so we need to add this area for Spartanburg to complete the SuC traffic trifecta 😄 Oh and the North Charleston SuC can get trafficky as well!
Ugh, that is true. I've definitely had traffic issues at the one in Greenville before. TBH, if this one ends up in that location, I'll likely avoid it most of the time.

I don't know why they would care whether the general public knew or not. People are able to look up permits so it's not like it isn't public knowledge.
Just a guess but it’s possible they dont yet have signed leases or property purchases and until those transactions are complete, the site selection is not a sure thing. Thus no reason to pull a permit yet in case land deal falls through. That being said, kinda wish they had picked something actually IN Dorman Center complex on that side of I-26 or Kohls/Hobby Lobby lot on the opposite side of I-26.
Also, the link regarding the “leak”. Haven’t verified how accurate this is but I’m assuming based on this thread…pretty accurate.

Reactions: theothertom
OK, I know I"m being picky, but I don't see anything Tesla-specific in that picture.

Plus, I can't see any snow, so it can't be real.
I looked on Google maps and the "entry" sign corresponds to the BK entry sign in streetview and the building in the background is Guitar Center and that also checks out according to Google. So the location appears correct. The address checks out with the inadvertent dump by Tesla, late last year, of upcoming locations. It could be faked but I'm willing to believe at this point.

OK, I know I"m being picky, but I don't see anything Tesla-specific in that picture.

Plus, I can't see any snow, so it can't be real.
Numerous people in the Facebook group have been by there and confirmed it. It also matches the address leak further above in this thread.

It’s a little further away from me personally, but next weekend I may sneak out there and check on the progress myself.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney