Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dillon, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Dillon, SC supercharger is up and in construction status. Tesla SC Map has it opening Q3 so its on time.

1691086538799.png

Dillon, SC

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Popeye's
Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-301, US-501
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Lumberton, NC (v2) - 27.8 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles
To: Fayetteville, NC (v2) - 55.5 miles

US-301

To: Lumberton, NC (v2) - 30.1 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Wade, NC - 67.9 miles (Permit)

US-501

To: Laurinburg, NC - 30.5 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Sanford, NC - 89.6 miles

Mini-splitter on I-95 of a gap of 50.5 miles (the 5th largest gap on I-95!). But it's also in a larger V3 gap of over 100 miles so will help V3 travel.

I am not sure why my expectations were so high, but this might have been the most unimpressive locations I have ever been to. Maybe because it was empty besides myself but It was just big flat parking lot with 9 pre-fab 4 stall superchargers and "manual installed" 4 pull through charging locations at the front.

There are decent food choices within walking distance with it being between a Zaxby's and a Popeyes with a Cook-Out burger place on the other side of Popeye's and a Wendy's on the other side of Zaxby's. Starbucks and a Taco Bell are across the not busy highway.

Not much green space and it appears there would only be 2-3 shaded charging stalls in the heat of the summer. The trashcans are nice but not really anywhere to sit and eat other than inside the local restaurants or on the curb. It's easy to get on/off Rt 95 since this town has seen better days and there really wasn't much traffic also it is located close to the exit and you don't need to drive too far off route.

Definitely wouldn't go out of my way to stop at this location and would suggest to go to the Florence, SC at Buc-Ee's location if you are heading South on Rt 95 and need to charge in the area.

20231211_130111~2.jpg

20231211_130130~2.jpg

20231211_130141.jpg

20231211_130238.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PStewart and X Fan
I am not sure why my expectations were so high, but this might have been the most unimpressive locations I have ever been to. Maybe because it was empty besides myself but It was just big flat parking lot with 9 pre-fab 4 stall superchargers and "manual installed" 4 pull through charging locations at the front.

There are decent food choices within walking distance with it being between a Zaxby's and a Popeyes with a Cook-Out burger place on the other side of Popeye's and a Wendy's on the other side of Zaxby's. Starbucks and a Taco Bell are across the not busy highway.

Not much green space and it appears there would only be 2-3 shaded charging stalls in the heat of the summer. The trashcans are nice but not really anywhere to sit and eat other than inside the local restaurants or on the curb. It's easy to get on/off Rt 95 since this town has seen better days and there really wasn't much traffic also it is located close to the exit and you don't need to drive too far off route.

Definitely wouldn't go out of my way to stop at this location and would suggest to go to the Florence, SC at Buc-Ee's location if you are heading South on Rt 95 and need to charge in the area.

View attachment 999633
View attachment 999634
View attachment 999635
View attachment 999636
Agree re: buc-ees. Longer to get on /off but very clean bathrooms, good places for dogs and sufficient charging.