Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Speedway, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Permits have pulled for the Speedway Supercharger: an unknown number of stalls will be placed on the north side of the GetGo parking lot. Tesla recently revised the Find Us map and this site is now said to open in the 2nd quarter so construction may already be underway.

Speedway.jpg
Speedway1.jpg

Speedway, IN

Along Primary Interstates: I-74
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-465

I-74

To: Indianapolis, IN - 17.6 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: West Cincinnati, OH - 109.9 miles

To: Carmel, IN (I-465, US-31) - 18.5 miles
To: Fort Wayne, IN (I-465, I-69) - 133.9 miles
To: Lima, OH (I-465, I-69, IN-67-US-35-IN-67-US-27-IN-67/OH-29, US-33, I-75) - 164.9 miles
To: Richmond, IN (l, I-65, I-70, us-27) - 76.2 miles
To: Bloomington, IN (I-465, IN-67, IN-39, IN-37/I-69) - 52 miles
To: Terre Haute, IN (I-465, I-70) - 69 miles
To: Zionsville, IN (I-465, I-65) - 12.4 miles

More splitting on I-74, and charging on the Indianapolis beltway.

Fencing still up. Meter is in place, but no progress otherwise.
The Indy 500 is two weeks from tomorrow (and the Grand Priz is going on as I type this), but crowds start arriving early next week. I hope this comes online soon!
View attachment 662597View attachment 662598
I hadn’t noticed until I got home that one bit of progress is the additional paving that was done since the previous photos @GSP shared.

View attachment 664992Wow!👀 this is a VERY busy location, glad this is posted👍👍👍
Yes, but if you notice in one of the other pictures, it appears some of the spots are still marked for 30 minutes general parking. While this could be used to enforce people parking there longer term, it's not sufficient protection against people parking there just to run into the gas station to buy something, or even walk over to the nearby Chipotle to pick up food. For those with newer cars, 30 minutes is as long as they may need to charge on many occasions, so can essentially reduce capacity.

I was by the site yesterday and it appears just as in the pictures above. Not a lot of significant, visible progress. The two main cabinets are still "wrapped". It appears that all of the site prep work is done except a final grade and seed. Hopefully, the startup and commissioning of the controllers will be quick and they'll have electrons flowing by race day.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9