Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. George, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed St. George is under construction in the Food Lion Parking lot. Looks like 12 stalls, half are in and half just concrete posts. Probably a month or more to go for completion. Photo and location screen shot attached so @Chuq can add to Supercharge.info
Nice! Thanks for checking on that. Looks like coordinates are:

33.195673, -80.600027

Also a very curious spot I must add. I calculated 21 min and 19.6 miles out of the way from I-26 roundtrip, interchange to interchange. To the Santee SC it is 27 min and 27.5 miles out of the way from I-26, interchange to interchange, so marginally better.

Last edited:
Thanks! Always happy for more chargers but disappointed this isn't closer to I-26
On the bright side:
1) Be happy for people who want to drive US-78
2) It means that if you _do_ finally get I-26 locations they'll actually be serving I-26.
3) This is at a Food Lion and there's a location at a Giant just opened in Bartonsville, PA.
Dutch Ahold Delhaize group owns Food Lion, Giant and Hannaford which all host Superchargers.
A good sign for the continuing expansion of charging at grocery stores.
Ahold Delhaize also owns Stop & Shop,

Another day, another missed opportunity for a Tesla supercharger near I-26. I live in Greenville so not a problem for me but for those that travel I-26 through Spartanburg to the coast it has to be an absolute nightmare.
I travel from st. Simons to Greenville and back several times a month. You’re right. It’s a total nightmare. Santee sucks and is out of the way.

On the bright side:
1) Be happy for people who want to drive US-78
2) It means that if you _do_ finally get I-26 locations they'll actually be serving I-26.
3) This is at a Food Lion and there's a location at a Giant just opened in Bartonsville, PA.
Dutch Ahold Delhaize group owns Food Lion, Giant and Hannaford which all host Superchargers.
A good sign for the continuing expansion of charging at grocery stores.
Ahold Delhaize also owns Stop & Shop,
Good point about this potentially meaning a new partner. Now if they could just get a couple of the common fuel partners in this area (pilot or qt), maybe they could actually fix the problem.

That sounds great in theory but they don't even have any scheduled on I-26 currently and the timeline goes out to Q2 2022. Tesla has neglected I-26 for years and years. No reason to think anything will change until they show up on the map...faith and hope are lacking for me lol. I just can't imagine in the entire length of the interstate from the SC border near Spartanburg all the way to Charleston they can't find ONE business who will let them put a SC in? Mind boggling.

Reactions: jsight
That sounds great in theory but they don't even have any scheduled on I-26 currently and the timeline goes out to Q2 2022. Tesla has neglected I-26 for years and years. No reason to think otherwise until they show up on the map...faith and hope are lacking for me lol.
To be fair, I keep hearing that they are trying really hard to fix that. Apparently none of their existing partners are available on that route and they are having a really hard time finding a site.

Its still baffling, though.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
To be fair, I keep hearing that they are trying really hard to fix that. Apparently none of their existing partners are available on that route and they are having a really hard time finding a site.

Its still baffling, though.
I like to tell myself they are trying really hard to find places and are just striking out lol. But like you said it's baffling...they have 200 miles of I-26 interstate starting in Spartanburg to find a spot or multiple spots. Don't seem to have any other problems anywhere else in the state either.

They really should put one in Spartanburg off I-26/I-85 for the Asheville traffic coming down and for the Charlotte traffic coming into the state as well. The Greenville location sucks and it's a bit of a haul from Charlotte to Fair Play. Honestly the Clinton exit where I-385 and I-26 merge is a great option if they can't get one closer to Columbia.

I guess it's a good sign to have a supercharger at a grocery store, but I'd rather have them at fuel stops that are typically open 24/7, have reasonable restrooms (as good as a grocery store, or better) and snacks. Just my 2 cents.
I completely agree. Even traveling at 10 pm or so, a lot of places like this are closed. Having 24 hour amenities is much better.

I still like these better than hotel installations in general, though.

I guess it's a good sign to have a supercharger at a grocery store, but I'd rather have them at fuel stops that are typically open 24/7, have reasonable restrooms (as good as a grocery store, or better) and snacks. Just my 2 cents.
I completely agree. Even traveling at 10 pm or so, a lot of places like this are closed. Having 24 hour amenities is much better.

If they put superchargers at QT‘s across the state that would be so great…

For facilities, one can probably leverage the Flying J at odd hours, right next to the McD, which is basically across the street from this supercharger installation. It's cool that they started this one in a similar time frame as Yemassee. I've got my scanners peeled for pending supercharger construction in Pooler, GA (across I-95 from the Savannah supercharger).

12 Chargers in two rows. I thought they were pull through but they’re only pull in. I’ve never seen a setup like this before.

The area is rough... The only things I saw that were walkable with out crossing the main road was a run down Food Lion and AutoZone. Not sure this is one you’ll want to use late at night if you’re in need of a bathroom break. Its a shame the location is poor because its the perfect stop for a long charge before heading up I-26.

2FFFA8FA-A27C-4BAE-B54A-CD3B19DBDCAA.jpeg

12 Chargers in two rows. I thought they were pull through but they’re only pull in. I’ve never seen a setup like this before.

The area is rough... The only things I saw that were walkable with out crossing the main road was a run down Food Lion and AutoZone. Not sure this is one you’ll want to use late at night if you’re in need of a bathroom break. Its a shame the location is poor because its the perfect stop for a long charge before heading up I-26.

View attachment 702217
Thanks for the update. This location really completely baffles me. Its really close to Yemassee, and it isn't nice at all. Seems a little wasteful when there are so many other places that really need new sites.

Reactions: theothertom