Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - State College, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Tesla Supercharger under construction at Sheetz
223 Colonnade Blvd, State College, PA 16803
(814) 862-9341
Google Maps

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_200054.jpg
    IMG_20201216_200054.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 373
How close is it to Bellefonte SC, or Altoona SC?

Hmm...

State College, PA

Along Primary Interstates: I-99
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-220, US-322
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-99S

To: Bellefonte, PA - 13.4 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: I-80 near Bellefonte, PA - 14.6 miles

Version 3 on the US-220/I-99 corridor, plus a Supercharger on US-322, which is OSM-wise the fastest route from Harrisburg, PA to Erie, PA.

The PA state club is now working directly with the Tesla planning folks to identify future Service Center and Supercharger locations in the State. You can expect a lot more on the way.

See: Harrisburg -- > Philly. for charging. made it home with 20 miles left... 76 is a wasteland.
Perhaps: 2055 N Reading Rd, Denver, PA 17517

maybe its in the works. may the shwarts be with you.

Supercharger
Swartzville, PA
Coming Soon

Target opening in 2020
Exact timing and specific location may vary

Last edited:
Reactions: Craig_in_PA
The PA state club is now working directly with the Tesla planning folks to identify future Service Center and Supercharger locations in the State. You can expect a lot more on the way.

For Superchargers, there's a large gap at the eastern end of I-76, so trying to get something somewhere near Morgantown (exit 298) or Reading (exit 286) seems like the best way to try to fill in the large gap.

For Superchargers, there's a large gap at the eastern end of I-76, so trying to get something somewhere near Morgantown (exit 298) or Reading (exit 286) seems like the best way to try to fill in the large gap.

Agreed! There is also a huge gap on 81 between Harrisburg and Scranton. Round trips between Harrisburg and Wilkes-Barre or Hazleton require going far out of the way to Scranton or Bloomsburg. The Sheetz in Sugarloaf would solve this problem while also serving I-80 traffic.

Reactions: Walker34

I would agree I had to detour into Philly just to make it to Trenton last year. Also had to 100% charge or close to it before the run. I had to make another stop along the route making it impossible to make Trenton.

I go to Reading twice a year and would love to see a station close by. searching for local charge points or have to impose to my friends when I arrive.

I wish we'd get some superchargers along Route 6 up on the north border of PA. It's a great scenic road but trying to drive it in a Tesla would be very inconvenient right now.

I wish we'd get some superchargers along Route 6 up on the north border of PA. It's a great scenic road but trying to drive it in a Tesla would be very inconvenient right now.

I've done Route 6 in a M3. Supercharge to 100 in Erie, use Level 2 in Kinzua and Corning, and watch your speed. Spring or summer only. She'll be thirsty by Scranton.

In case of emergency, there are superchargers across the border in NY.

Last edited:
Where is the level 2 charger in Kinzua? I'm not seeing one on the supercharger map but that would certainly help a lot.

When I get my MY next year a trip across PA Rt.6 is one we are planning to do!

Where is the level 2 charger in Kinzua? I'm not seeing one on the supercharger map but that would certainly help a lot.

When I get my MY next year a trip across PA Rt.6 is one we are planning to do!

Kinzua Bridge State Park. Not destination charger, a J1772. There's also one at at Darling Run Pine Creek which is new since I made the trip. 100% it can be done with a little planning.

Kinzua Bridge State Park. Not destination charger, a J1772. There's also one at at Darling Run Pine Creek which is new since I made the trip. 100% it can be done with a little planning.

I drove my speeder up to the Kinzua Bridge as part of a study to save to old Knox and Kane. The gate was locked.:) The Best speeder run I ever did. shame they couldn't save that line. Mine is the orange one out front.

Knox and Kane.Jpg