Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sunnyvale, CA - S. Bernardo Ave. (LIVE 3 Apr 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site and I think all other local ones are only $0.20/kWh from 7 pm to 10 am.

View attachment 651563
Yes, part of Tesla’s 50% charging rate plan to encourage non-peak charging. Started as a pilot program and just implemented. Thought behind it is to spread out usage at locations for people who have to travel and charge during work hours and have long waits to use. $ used as incentive. I would also assume the cost to Tesla for electricity during those higher priced hours is more too. Kind of goes along with the Calif utilities’ reduced electricity usage campaign then too (what is that..4-9pm I think?).

Reactions: Janus
I saw it was open yesterday around 7pm and I was the only one there but only got 35KW - I tried 3 different spots. I have a 2014 S w free supercharging and also noticed at the Cupertino Target supercharger similar behavior. Does anyone know if Tesla is slowing down charge rates for the older cars?

Also, I tried the single pull in spot and even though I was all the way in, the cord would not reach.
I have a 2014 P85D with close to 100Kmi. Yeah, the older cars super charging are definitely being nerfed. Interesting observation is I get better speed at the urban super chargers, like the one under the Los Altos under the Wholefoods that only goes up to 75kw. My S also gets better charging rate with a CHAdeMO adapter on a ChargePoint or EVGo station. Maybe something about older Teslas on a V3 that's not going to get the best charging rate.

Level upon arriving? Pre-conditioning?
29%, no pre-conditionping even though I had the SC as destination all the way from San Bruno. May be the high outside temperature (33°C) stops that? Only got to 43% in 19 mi 😢

0A94E677-D1E0-4AE8-AFD0-8C6B57652F0F.jpeg

Interesting... if you get the opportunity, try again below 15% and hopefully pre-condition. Note outside temp also.
Recently opened SvC's have been known to be tweaked by Tesla for a short time. 33C seems quite high (may have shortened need for pre-condition.).