Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Surrey, BC - 104 Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this dust and smoke next poof:

@Vancity-Tes1a my first choice would be Southpoint mall. It has a good selection of amenities (Save-on Foods, Starbucks, Tim's, Wendy's, Canadian Tire, Staples, Milestone's, Cactus Club around the corner) and a huge parking lot that's never fully occupied. It's also VERY easily accessible from Highway 99 and 152, so good for v3 travel sc. And most importantly: close to home for me :)

My second choice would be Morgan Crossing since there is Thrifty foods, Starbucks, Chipotle, Chopped Leaf, Noodle Box, Sushi Castle, London Drugs, etc. It also has a generous parking lot with the middle section rarely being near fully occupied. It's not right near the highway or 152 and is a bit out of the way but could still be a candidate for an urban SC maybe?

My last choice would be Semiamhoo (spelling?) mall. As far as malls go, it's a bit sad (for selection of stores) though it does have Save-On and Shoppers Drug Mart along with some dining (Browns, a sushi place, and a food court that's not great).

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
From FB Group

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1637627860064.jpg
    FB_IMG_1637627860064.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 172
Just paid a visit to these new Superchargers. I didn't notice any mention of open hours / closing hours for the garage, but seeing that there are gates at all points, it probably will be closed overnight.

To answer the questions about the slope in the floor. This is the bottom level of the garage, the garage is huge, under the entire shopping mall complex. But the slope is for water to flow into drains. The slope is a bit on the steep side, but if there was to be a burst water pipe or massive flow of water from above ground shooting down the ramp to the garage one day, then these drains should handle the water.

The 12 Superchargers are still taped up but appear to be ready to turn on. Now the long wait ...

Attachments

• 2021-11-27 14.56.52.jpg
    2021-11-27 14.56.52.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 2021-11-27 14.57.21.jpg
    2021-11-27 14.57.21.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 2021-11-27 14.57.48.jpg
    2021-11-27 14.57.48.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 2021-11-27 14.58.04.jpg
    2021-11-27 14.58.04.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 82
Just paid a visit to these new Superchargers. I didn't notice any mention of open hours / closing hours for the garage, but seeing that there are gates at all points, it probably will be closed overnight.

To answer the questions about the slope in the floor. This is the bottom level of the garage, the garage is huge, under the entire shopping mall complex. But the slope is for water to flow into drains. The slope is a bit on the steep side, but if there was to be a burst water pipe or massive flow of water from above ground shooting down the ramp to the garage one day, then these drains should handle the water.

The 12 Superchargers are still taped up but appear to be ready to turn on. Now the long wait ...
As of now the parking lot does not close at night with Save on Foods open. I do not think there is plans for that.

As of now the parking lot does not close at night with Save on Foods open. I do not think there is plans for that.

True, but that area of Surrey, Guildford, is horribly poor and lots of homeless and sketchy people hover there. It's a matter of time before they discover a nice large warm and dry garage. It's highly likely that garage will close at night. It's a shame they didn't put the Superchargers outside on the ground level so it would be accessible 24/7 for sure. Even that part of the garage where the chargers are, is a bit dark and on the hidden side, so vandalism, damage, theft will be a likely problem there.

• Informative
It's showing in the car Nav now as Temporary closed..

@bolero might have something to do with the "limited hours" shown in @CanadaGoose's image? I'm guessing you were there after hours? (Based on the time you posted, anyway.)

This is actually a bummer that it's not available 24x7, especially being right off the highway and significantly quicker than the Guildford Mall urban SC.

@bolero might have something to do with the "limited hours" shown in @CanadaGoose's image? I'm guessing you were there after hours? (Based on the time you posted, anyway.)

This is actually a bummer that it's not available 24x7, especially being right off the highway and significantly quicker than the Guildford Mall urban SC.
The limited hours shouldn't be in effect atleast until the whole mall is open, its probably 6 months off right now, its open all night right now.

Question for everyone, isn't the price here quite a bit cheaper then the rest of the v3s in the lower mainland?