Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Swartz Creek, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It almost seems they had to rewire the whole super charger location. I keep looking for the Tesla technicians to show up. When they were there in December they drove two Teslas with Ohio plates. They will do the final setup and put the number/letters on the pedestals.

Did not see any workers there on Thursday or Friday.......of course they could have been, just not when I went by.

Over 287 days .......and counting.

It almost seems they had to rewire the whole super charger location. I keep looking for the Tesla technicians to show up. When they were there in December they drove two Teslas with Ohio plates. They will do the final setup and put the number/letters on the pedestals.

Did not see any workers there on Thursday or Friday.......of course they could have been, just not when I went by.

Over 287 days .......and counting.

Almost as long as it takes to build a Gigafactory in China!

About 5 guys were still working on the wiring and stuff today

This is a lie, I apologize. That text was leftover from a draft or something and was added to my post. I'm not old old enough yet to edit posts. I can share that everything is good to go on the utility side at least. The transformer is energized and the meter was set a few months ago so it's just up to Tesla & their contractor to finish things up here

I wish they would just finish already. It's a perfectly placed charger for visits to the Almont area from AA. In the winter, it can be a tight trip. Last year, I was thinking it would be done by Labor day, no problem... now I'm wondering if it will be done by Memorial day.

It is looking like they are rewiring the whole thing - like they used the wrong cabling, or it was defective or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP
I wish they would just finish already. It's a perfectly placed charger for visits to the Almont area from AA. In the winter, it can be a tight trip. Last year, I was thinking it would be done by Labor day, no problem... now I'm wondering if it will be done by Memorial day.

It is looking like they are rewiring the whole thing - like they used the wrong cabling, or it was defective or something.

The Escanaba, Mac City and SS Marie US are all held up. Maybe the latest settlement with the attorney general will stimulate Tesla to finish these critical sites.

Working at the Swartz Creek SC location again. This evening there were two Tesla employees with their Model X working on all the pedestals. They looked busy but were very nice when asked when it may be working. He said it should be Thursday or Friday.
Might be able to put this location on the OPEN list in January yet.

IMG_0476.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg
IMG_0478.jpeg

I stopped about 8 to check on the supercharger and one of the Tesla men jumped out of their X to stop me from plugging in. He said there was some programming to finish and then Tesla approval before it becomes live, but should be soon. I left meijer about 9 and noticed the lights were off on the pedestals and the X just pulling away.