Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger team sacked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone who is the CEO of a large company such as Tesla can't get angry and act out, we're not talking about a child here learning boundaries.
Well, I’ve certainly seen that happen personally in a medium-sized company of 3BUSD annual sales. Following which, the staff that actually generated value left, leaving the company to lose growth and profitability.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mspohr
Well, I’ve certainly seen that happen personally in a medium company of 3BUSD annual sales. Following which, the staff that actually generated value left, leaving the company to lose growth and profitability.
I've not seen anything like that, your general incompetence and politicking yup, not whole departments fired in anger.

I know the type of people running big companies often lack empathy but this is 500 people just out on their ear, maybe not being able to pay rent or mortgages, families being affected etc.

This should be where a board adds balance, clearly Tesla's board are as useful as a chocolate teapot, to anyone bar Elon.

I cannot really complain though, given I couldn't speak a word of English aged 9 when we first arrived in the UK and yesterday the tilers had just finished grouting around 40sq meter of hallway space, we than had another BBQ in the garden 'shed' instead of getting takeaway.....

53728067788_b69284f405_c_d.jpg
Well off topic now, but that looks great. Certainly an idea for our silly “summer house” that never gets used.

IMG_4356.jpeg

Reactions: gangzoom
There is an interesting article in cleantechnica about Sponge, camels and supercharger team.

It is an interesting insight to how big things get done and the authors view is of the SC teams are approaching zero technical or engineering risks. There are logistical challenges, regulatory hurdles, contractor screw-ups, incompetent people and the like, but virtually nothing that would keep a creative innovator entertained for more than a day every week or four in that job. SC team is at that stage.

He goes on to say, The Supercharger business is a mature, steady state operational business. It’s growing rapidly still, but it’s deploying exactly the same product in highly optimized ways using exactly the same processes and software. It’s dealing with challenges, but the challenges aren’t challenges creative people like, they are filling in city approval forms correctly and getting contractors to show up and put wires in place. They are fulfilling orders in a work management system. The sales people have a standard contract that never changes that they sign with hosts.

The Supercharger team, in this analysis, still had a lot of creative people and likely executives. Lots of these were in senior and operational roles. They were quite probably making it really hard for the operational efficiency and ISO 9000 heads to do their jobs. As bored sponges, they were probably creating problems within the Tesla organization instead of delivering Superchargers as effectively, efficiently and cheaply as possible.

These are the authors views I just found it an interesting read than the sexiest view of why Elon fired Tinucci and so on. You may or may not.
You could have said the same thing about the 100 year old auto industry until Tesla revolutionized it with new designs and processes.
Supercharger design, production and installation has undergone rapid improvement since the early days when they were stacking multiple chargers borrowed from cars.
Who says there is no room for improvement?

Well off topic now, but that looks great. Certainly an idea for our silly “summer house” that never gets used.

View attachment 1048290

We are still debating about if we should stick to matching white render or go for black cladding, I prefer render but I'm not the decision maker :D.

The cabin is amazing, and reasonable value, especially compared to FSD 🤣. To make the most of it, you do need to run power to it, we are using it pretty much every weekend, rain or shine. A few weeks ago when it was still cool, I threw on some logs after the food was done, totally unnecessary but its just fun. The company is based up the road from us, so we can claim to be even supporting local businesses.

53613308991_fd576be7c9_c_d.jpg

53680739696_d85b7649bd_c_d.jpg

Reactions: 12Pack and Js1977