Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tracy, CA - West Grant Line Road (LIVE 21 Apr 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry Bruce, didn't do a good job of thinking about coordinating with you when I went

No worries...there are a few up-and-coming sites in the Bay Area that will be easier to do joint meet-ups at (maybe San Leandro or Vallejo). Surprising that this place is only 45 minutes from my house...I went out for a touch-and-go and got back before the rest of my family noticed I was gone (they're not early risers like I am).

Bruce.

So I was looking at the charging station on the map and knew it was right outside Golden Corral (which I love), but I noticed there was another restaurant at the same location called "Homeward". I found out this is a virtual brand run by Golden Corral and has a different menu that is a-la-carte (not buffet like).

I found it here on Doordash

But the cool thing is you can order ahead of time and it will be ready for pickup by the time you get to the supercharger. So if you are roadtripping and want to eliminate any kind of wait for food, you can order ahead with this and have your order available for pick up immediately upon arrival, assuming you gave them enough time to prepare it. This is a great option because even with fast food options you may have to wait a few minutes after ordering at their respective counters.

I picked up an order from Homeward yesterday just to try it and the food was pretty good. My two favorties were the "Nashville Chicken Sandwich" and the "Braised Beef with Swiss and Horseradish Mayo Sandwich"

I was out for a Sunday drive through Tesla road through Livermore. Stopped for a quick charge before heading home via the Altamont pass. Parked between the red and white 3 and Y. Walked over across the parking lot wanted a Weinerschnitzel hot dog but the dinning room was shut but the drive through seems to be open. I felt silly walking up to a drive through window so went back and unplug my P85D, drove through the drive through to get a kraut dog and drive back to the SC, plug in and ate the dog while the car continued charging.
909C7F96-542B-4742-B903-C2F1F2B41C1C.jpeg

The power is currently out at this station. I was able to charge for a few minutes but while I was using the restroom at the Taco Bell the power went out there. Looked like it was out at Wienerschnitzel and BevMo as well. Stop lights were working so maybe it was just a local outage for the businesses which share that parking lot.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
The power is currently out at this station. I was able to charge for a few minutes but while I was using the restroom at the Taco Bell the power went out there. Looked like it was out at Wienerschnitzel and BevMo as well. Stop lights were working so maybe it was just a local outage for the businesses which share that parking lot.

PG&E is reporting an outage "caused by an equipment issue" for at least a part of that shopping center. ETR is about 0400 tomorrow.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and PLUS EV
We have family that moved to Manteca, so we have stopped here twice in the evening and at night. Both times plugged in and no problems. Nice on and off from the freeway once you know where you are going. Lots and lots of food choices.

That would be a great question for this thread:

• Helpful
Reactions: Mrbrock and PLUS EV
Heard another one is opening on Q2 2023 does any one know where is this new location going to be?
Found it! It'll be on the very edge of town by the 580/205 interchange: