Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tracy, CA - West Grant Line Road (LIVE 21 Apr 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by on Thursday and talked to the guys working on them and they said that they’re now just waiting on Pg&e to finish so they should be done “hopefully” very soon
649F8734-994C-45FE-93B2-37743F73ED8A.jpeg
E8AFF607-A63E-4E28-BDA1-0A81318FAD23.jpeg

I don't think this this site will meet its Q1 2022 goal. :) No utility transformer, and some of the Tesla cabinets are still covered.

However, at least some of the cables have been pulled to the transformer pad; at transformerless SC sites I'm used to seeing, there are just covered pad conduit ends, without any cables visible. And the "No Parking" signs specifically call out days this week, so perhaps action is imminent.

There's also another small construction site more directly behind the BevMo building, but it's not at all clear to me whether it's related to the Tesla construction or not. Perhaps for some non-Tesla chargers?

IMG_8547.JPGIMG_8548.JPGIMG_8549.JPG

Reactions: mociaf9 and Limited
Looking back at Mrbrock's February 10th posting which includes some of the permit details, I see now that the work behind the BevMo building is indeed related to the Tesla SC. Apparently it's for routing the utility power to the to-be-installed transformer. The other interesting detail is that PG&E's permit expires on April 15, so they're running down to the wire (no pun intended). (Tesla's permit expires in November.)

The other interesting detail is that PG&E's permit expires on April 15, so they're running down to the wire (no pun intended).
Permits are generally valid for up to 6 months from the date of last substantive activity, where "substantive activity" might be the last inspection. Though different jurisdictions can use different time periods, e.g. 3 months or 12 months after the last activity. The expiration date listed on the permit itself is the initial expiration date assuming no construction activity is ever started at all. Since work relating to that permit has presumably happened after the initial permit issuance, it's not at all likely that the listed expiration date is still relevant. Also, permit expiration isn't a serious impediment, you just pay a fee to reopen them. So, even if April 15th were still the date, it wouldn't really matter.

I would argue that language is how you use it. I had to listen to people talking about the "enormity" of a building they stood in front of for years before the dictionary added immense to the definition usually reserved for a grand evil. I personally say Sierras like I could take 80 or I could take 50 or even 4, but I took 120/108, there are at least 4 Sierras I could have been going to.

As to the Supercharger, I was just there and the parking space blockers are still up. Dang

Reactions: Zorg