Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyngsborough, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not like that EV chargers are built near the entry of any shopping centers. The reason being is that anyone with a handicap placard or plates can park there without charging with an ICE car! It just ruins EV adoption. I see it all the time at any malls or shopping center. The ones at the Burlington Mall in Massachusetts (EVgo) suffers from it. The ones at the Danbury Mall in CT (EVgo) suffers from it; fortunately, the TESLA supercharger is built on the far end opposite to the entrance. Anybody who uses EVgo are screwed!

It was a mistake that Electrify America thinking that by placing EVgo chargers near entrances of shopping centers, it will help with people adopting EV. Nope. It does exactly the opposite. Although, there are newer places that seems to be smarter about it, I don't see many.
I will say I use the J1772 EVGo charger in front of Buffalo Wild Wings consistently on weekends (I don’t have a way to charge at home) and have not had an issue with being ICE’d. The chargers do get very busy with PHEVs though.

The Electify America chargers near Burtons are close enough to the entrance where it’s not a bad walk but also far away enough that you’re not gonna get ICE’d. They, like the EVGo chargers, are quite busy.

The Superchargers being a literal 10 minute walk to the mall is disappointing. I am excited for Tavern in the Square to get built as it will give another option besides Dunks and Mac-n-Cheese to eat at, but I fear them sharing a parking lot with a popular restaurant chain could result in ICEing on busy weekends.

Reactions: cmaster
It looks like it's open, until you check to power pole.
7779CA40-F3C5-424F-9CB8-6E3FC0A9919D.jpeg
7EA1FBA5-5A22-484F-921D-CB8752DE4310.jpeg

I don't like some construction jobs, when it's 90% done....they just don't want to finish the job. Like doing it "half-arse" type of job you know. Until someone bugs them, it's not going to completion.
Pretty sure the contractor is pinging National Grid regularly to get closure on the site... I think the big utilities work at their own pace - and require multiple visits by distinct crews to do various aspects connecting it to the grid (a crew to do primary runs; a crew to do secondary runs; a crew to do the meter; a crew to place the transform; a crew to inspect....). It's crazy how long things can take to get done as a result. Some utilities can just come in and get it done in one visit - witnessed on webcam for the Williston, VT supercharger when Green Mountain Power came in to install the transformer, lay and connect primary and secondary runs and possibly the meter as well in one half-day visit. What Eversource and National Grid do is just nuts.

Reactions: cmaster and kayak1
Pretty sure the contractor is pinging National Grid regularly to get closure on the site... I think the big utilities work at their own pace - and require multiple visits by distinct crews to do various aspects connecting it to the grid (a crew to do primary runs; a crew to do secondary runs; a crew to do the meter; a crew to place the transform; a crew to inspect....). It's crazy how long things can take to get done as a result. Some utilities can just come in and get it done in one visit - witnessed on webcam for the Williston, VT supercharger when Green Mountain Power came in to install the transformer, lay and connect primary and secondary runs and possibly the meter as well in one half-day visit. What Eversource and National Grid do is just nuts.
That's good.

When I had renovations done at the home and when it's near completion, seems like the contractor drag their feet in finishing it. I usually have to call them multiple times to get it completed. lol....