Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyngsborough, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the update.
Is there anything that confirms this is a Tesla Supercharger project? There was a report of a large sewer pipe nearby so any chance this is related to that?
I followed the Littleton and Lexington SC construction closely. This looked very similar. The excavation is far too small for the (5-6 foot diameter) sewer pipes, which are still onsite, and the work is in the exact spot we expected the SC to be. However, there was no Tesla branded material visible.

I randomly was in the area and stopped by. The guy in the National Grid truck said this was sewer line work. Not supercharger related. He didn’t have any information about when that would start.

Also you all weren’t kidding, this strip mall is empty.

4FDC3EF3-0692-4DDE-8BEC-635DC884939B.jpeg
0D0AF5EE-6337-498F-BA0E-CBA02CE23C3F.jpeg

Wow. We just missed each other. Yes, the current work is sewer work.

There was a Tyngsboro town inspector on site when I was there, and we chatted. He has no idea when work will start on the SC, but he pinpointed its location. It will be in the line of stalls facing the access road, not Middlesex Turnpike. He also said there are big plans to renovate this plaza.

F6B53FF5-F4B3-4929-8004-BADDF22B4112.jpeg

I randomly was in the area and stopped by. The guy in the National Grid truck said this was sewer line work. Not supercharger related. He didn’t have any information about when that would start.

Also you all weren’t kidding, this strip mall is empty.

View attachment 779547View attachment 779548
Thanks for update. I was just going to swing by there this afternoon and you saved me a trip.

Reactions: jthompson
Wow. We just missed each other. Yes, the current work is sewer work.

There was a Tyngsboro town inspector on site when I was there, and we chatted. He has no idea when work will start on the SC, but he pinpointed its location. It will be in the line of stalls facing the access road, not Middlesex Turnpike. He also said there are big plans to renovate this plaza.
Supercharge.info places the location here which seems consistent.

Tyngsboro Supercharger Location.png

1 it’s on teslas coming soon and 2 a little birdie told me construction would be commencing soon there (on the supercharger) 😉

That said. That doesn’t look like electrical conduit…. Hmmmm
You are correct, it wasn’t electrical! They ran those to the sewer at center of the parking lot and the tape says “water line below”. They may have been required to install some drainage.

Attachments

• 8CA29957-00C3-4698-B221-B83271C1CE52.jpeg
    8CA29957-00C3-4698-B221-B83271C1CE52.jpeg
    802.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 39980BA1-05ED-4773-A87E-D88C7D9CE69B.jpeg
    39980BA1-05ED-4773-A87E-D88C7D9CE69B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • 39ABA2A2-3478-4CA1-B722-2F3EB2103A6F.jpeg
    39ABA2A2-3478-4CA1-B722-2F3EB2103A6F.jpeg
    955.7 KB · Views: 77
Based on the Tyngsboro town inspector, this should be the area for the SC. It's also consistent with the transformer location marked on the map in the pole permit.

The inspector also said the entrance to that part of the parking lot just west of the SC would be blocked off, and a considerable rebuild of the whole site was planned. No idea what that means.

Honestly, I'd like to see them add more 'pull-through' locations for people with trailers.
scmap.png

Supercharge.info places the location here which seems consistent.

View attachment 779805
FYI: the current supercharge.info pin is address based and not coordinate based. Until we see plans and/or have actual construction underway it's just a placeholder. But sounds like we're learning more about probable location within the parking lot thanks to info from @Cryptoengineer

Reactions: kayak1
That location makes sense based on the electric poles and easy in/out from the site. I hope they put in a proper crosswalk to Dunkin' Donuts (off the top of that map/picture above ^) which is really the only place I can think of that people might want to hop out of their cars to hit the restrooms and get a drink/bite. I find it a little bit of an atypical Supercharger site in that regard but that will not stop me from using or thankful that it exists when it opens.

That location makes sense based on the electric poles and easy in/out from the site. I hope they put in a proper crosswalk to Dunkin' Donuts (off the top of that map/picture above ^) which is really the only place I can think of that people might want to hop out of their cars to hit the restrooms and get a drink/bite. I find it a little bit of an atypical Supercharger site in that regard but that will not stop me from using or thankful that it exists when it opens.
I’ll be taking a walk to 420 Middlesex Rd before I hit the Dunks…it’s worth the trip!
Thank you for the updates…

Thats quite a drive from Utah to Tyngsboro for the afternoon. Welcome to NE!
My X has actually been in NH since last summer, I've just been flying back and forth for the last year. Park City Utah has a fabulous free public transit system so I didn't really need to do much driving while I'm home, I've been driving my old beater Subaru that I have there. In New England I drive all over though so the Tesla is nice to have here (Free supercharging!). Taking it back to Utah soon though.

I stopped in on my way by the site this afternoon. It appears that site prep work for the supercharger has started. My reasons for believing so are:

• the anticipated location is now enclosed in temporary construction fencing
  • there is a mini excavator on site that has been featured in other supercharger construction projects
  • granite curbs in the project area have been removed
  • the word "GORDON" is spray painted on the asphalt, the name of the contractor on other area supercharger installations

Update from Monday around 4pm. Actively digging up where the charging pedestals will go.

IMG_0776.jpegIMG_0775.jpegIMG_0774.jpegIMG_0772.jpegIMG_0771.jpegIMG_0770.jpegIMG_0769.jpegIMG_0768.jpeg

They also are still working on the sewer/water line project from earlier this spring across the parking lot. The two projects are not connected.
IMG_0773.jpeg

@MarcoRP @Chuq. Also this post is correct on the placement of the superchargers in the parking lot. The dot on SC.info isn't correct at the moment (but it's close). The correct GPS is: 42.6972651472242, -71.43988072872163