Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger V3 - What impact will it have overall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Owners and Enthusiasts,

Also wanted to . Recently Elon Musk teased on twitter that there will be a Supercharger V3 or 3rd generation of Superchargers that will exceed power beyond 350 kW, that means super-fast charging and with Solar Roofs and Powerpack 2 it can do wonders, even go off-grid in sunny locations or even give back to the grid... that's some green energy for the whole world... how does that sound to you?

Also how about this idea:

hawthorne-supercharger-idea-roof-shingles.jpg

Thanks & let me know your thoughts and comments on the topic.

Also I wrote an article on Supercharger V3 and it's impact on EV owners and the rest of the world, you can read it here if you wish: Elon Musk's Next Gen Supercharger V3 - Powerful Yet One Step Closer To A Greener World

One thing a 5-10 minute Supercharger would do is remove Charge Anxiety, as you could just sit in your car and not worry about idle charges. If charging takes only 5 minutes, it is perfectly OK to expect to move the car immediately after completion.

It would make Supercharging more like filling a gas tank.

Reactions: X-Auto

View attachment 207925

Most Supercharger locations don't have a Tesla-owned building abutting it to provide the rooftop space for a vast expanse of solar panels as you'd pictured above. They could, however, place panels over the stalls themselves as in the original photo. In addition to providing power, the presence of the roof cover would better delineate the chargers as fueling stations rather than as parking spaces and, hopefully, help reduce ICEing.

Reactions: X-Auto
Hi Tesla Owners and Enthusiasts,

Also wanted to . Recently Elon Musk teased on twitter that there will be a Supercharger V3 or 3rd generation of Superchargers that will exceed power beyond 350 kW, that means super-fast charging and with Solar Roofs and Powerpack 2 it can do wonders, even go off-grid in sunny locations or even give back to the grid... that's some green energy for the whole world... how does that sound to you?

View attachment 207925

Also I wrote an article on Supercharger V3 and it's impact on EV owners and the rest of the world, you can read it here if you wish: Elon Musk's Next Gen Supercharger V3 - Powerful Yet One Step Closer To A Greener World
The thing most people don't think of is that the solar panels can be put off site or Tesla can contract with the power company to use their solar power. It does not always make sense to put them onsite and in many cases, there would not be enough space to do so practically.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and X-Auto