Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vacaville, CA - Alamo Dr (LIVE 18 Apr 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live! @bmah @homero89 @corywright

Popped up on my mobile app as I was passing through and had to turn around to check.

20230418_230326.jpg

I sense an upcoming trip for Randy and Bruce. This has not made the Tesla Supercharging Twitter yet. Maybe tomorrow once they upload pictures to the mothership and someone on the mothership navigates the Twitter posting process.

@bmah pictures show completion except transformer 11/2022. 5 month wait.

Heading up to Tahoe this weekend and will probably stop here on the way back. I'm guessing the restroom to be built by others still isn't there. Taco Bell usually has ok restrooms tho and there is one across the street as long as we show up when they are open. Also the nearby Chevron. There is also a 24/7 drive thru nearby. Since drive thru only prob doesn't have restroom access and has mixed reviews on Yelp - but I'll probably try it out anyways.

Bruce did you end up going? I got distracted planning for the road trip I am on (Reverse Stuff Route 66)

Alas I did not. 😞 I was planning to go Saturday but didn’t even leave the house due to severe seasonal allergies and side effects of meds (…zzzzzz…). Sunday I was well enough to go on a drive with TOEB but no Supercharger hunting. So I still need to grab this one at some point.

Bruce.

Alas I did not. 😞 I was planning to go Saturday but didn’t even leave the house due to severe seasonal allergies and side effects of meds (…zzzzzz…). Sunday I was well enough to go on a drive with TOEB but no Supercharger hunting. So I still need to grab this one at some point.

Bruce.
I live a mile away if there's any info I could go collect for you. :)

I live a mile away if there's any info I could go collect for you. :)

Much appreciated @reefer_bob, but there's nothing you need to do...I actually visited this place on Sunday.

@israndy and I are part of an informal competition on TMC to charge at as many different Superchargers as possible (see supercharging.life). Usually one of us will log a charge at a site the day it goes live, but in this case neither of us even came close.

Bruce.

1683073480889.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Tyl and reefer_bob
As noted above, this is a great spot for Westbound I80. Was surprised to see only $0.37/kWh as well while older Vacaville Charger still shows $0.43 (used to be fairly cheap as well). Any ideas if this is "introductory pricing" and likely to go up. Was no one else there - so I think this will be my goto spot for returns home to the South Bay on I80. No reason to use my CCS adapter with pass plus pricing if this price holds.

It is curious, I was at Modesto, Sisk Road and it too is a newer charger and has 31¢ Supercharging, and so it drew ALL the charging business in the area where the rest are normal to high cost chargers, and as I navigate there the car says "Consider navigating to a less busy Supercharger", so I have to figure the next pricing update will iron out these discrepancies.

It is curious, I was at Modesto, Sisk Road and it too is a newer charger and has 31¢ Supercharging, and so it drew ALL the charging business in the area where the rest are normal to high cost chargers, and as I navigate there the car says "Consider navigating to a less busy Supercharger", so I have to figure the next pricing update will iron out these discrepancies.
This one is an anomaly since it’s been cheaper than all the surrounding ones for a while now. For a while I kept trying to extract a pattern for pricing but I can’t figure it out. If it was local rates and property pricing etc. then SF-Geary, Malibu or Santa Monica would be probably one of most expensive and the public power and lower cost of living places such as Sac, Modesto, Roseville, Turlock, etc would be cheapest but it’s not always the case. This last round of pricing feels mostly like it’s demand management: trying to discourage people at very busy chargers from charging during peak times. Road trip type chargers even in LA area also seemed targeted (I.e. 5 fwy adjacent chargers for the most part being cheaper than chargers further away from a major long distance travel route).