Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vernal, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New supercharger location in Vernal, UT

Located at 2005 W Hwy 40, 8-stalls.

1690048232983.jpeg

Vernal, UT

Host Type: Mall
Host: Vernal Town Center
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-40, US-191
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-40

To: Craig, CO - 123.6 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Kremmling, CO - 216.8 miles

US-191

To: Rock Springs, WY (v2) - 109.5 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Jackson, WY (v2) - 285.3 miles

A great hole-filler on US-40 and US-191.

This one was pretty obvious on the chain, but now I wonder if Duschene is the next link or if they go all the way to Heber. Eventually I can see both spots (and Roosevelt as well). Either way, Vernal and Heber/Duschene locations open up a massive swath of NE Utah to worry free EV driving.

Heber makes sense as it's a major "fork in the road" down to Provo. Park City should be in addition to Heber as a PC location serves both 40 ad 80.

Something kind of related... There was a charger in Duchesne at the Best Western. It still shows in PlugShare, but has been decommissioned and removed from the best western Duchesne inn website as well. So now basically you either can charge in Heber or Roosevelt before getting to Vernal.

Allow me to add my voice as to the severe need for this supercharger location. I recently tried the SLC -> Steamboat run and was unable to use the brand new CCS / CHAdeMO charger in Roosevelt. Over-nighted instead at the free L2 charger on the Roosevelt campus of Utah State.

It appears as though these DCFCs (Blueberry?, I-Charge?) are highly problematic, albeit very nice to look at with what have to be $5,000 digital displays on the front of each unit. End of rant.

Reactions: Sather and CarlS
Allow me to add my voice as to the severe need for this supercharger location. I recently tried the SLC -> Steamboat run and was unable to use the brand new CCS / CHAdeMO charger in Roosevelt. Over-nighted instead at the free L2 charger on the Roosevelt campus of Utah State.

It appears as though these DCFCs (Blueberry?, I-Charge?) are highly problematic, albeit very nice to look at with what have to be $5,000 digital displays on the front of each unit. End of rant.
By the looks of the reports on Plugshare this location seems problematic. Just out of curiosity were you trying to use the CHAdeMO or the CCS side of things.

Did you try and report the problem to the host site ?