Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Watertown, SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by Tesla mobile tech yesterday that both grand forks and Watertown have juice and will charge. They said they are functional and the electrons are essentially free since they won’t bill until it is “officially open”. I have no way to verify directly but this came direct from Tesla in person convo with “insider information”.
Nope. This is not the case. The Watertown charger has power it is 100% ready to be turned on by a Tesla tech. I plugged into the charger every day in hopes they showed up early but they’re not supposed to be back in Watertown until next week. The Tesla tech was able to charge their car to make it back to Sioux Falls and once they charged they turn the power back off to the chargers until the contractor fixes the insulation issue which was completed a couple days ago. One thing is probably correct though that when they turn the chargers on it usually takes a couple days from the time they notify corporate by email that it’s ready to go before the system can start billing and the chargers show up on the Tesla map.

So, the Tesla Tech was in Watertown again today and well, it's still not on. We was charging when I got there and offered to let me charge but I told him I was already full. I guess the contractors cant read very well. There were suppose to put new network cables on (current ones not the right kind) but did not see that on the visit last week. The tech is going to Grand Forks to activate that one tomorrow and if all goes well, he will be back in Watertown tomorrow or the next day to turn it on. Contractor will be in Watertown tomorrow again. Very nice Tesla tech. After I left the charger today, I realized I should have taken up on his offer to charge to make sure i'm the first :)

So, the Tesla Tech was in Watertown again today and well, it's still not on. We was charging when I got there and offered to let me charge but I told him I was already full. I guess the contractors cant read very well. There were suppose to put new network cables on (current ones not the right kind) but did not see that on the visit last week. The tech is going to Grand Forks to activate that one tomorrow and if all goes well, he will be back in Watertown tomorrow or the next day to turn it on. Contractor will be in Watertown tomorrow again. Very nice Tesla tech. After I left the charger today, I realized I should have taken up on his offer to charge to make sure i'm the first :)
Appreciate the updates, I'm planning on coming through on Saturday.

Reactions: repoanything
Well, another day, another disappointment. I guess the contractor out of Sioux Falls can't get the new network cables till Wednesday so the Tesla tech will be out of the area by the time the cables are replaced. So, he says hi can't get back to Watertown till next week. I offered to flip the switch on for them but he says Tesla frowns on that lol. So, anyone needs to charge, feel free to reach out to me and I can hook you up with out camp site. I can even give you access to Starlink while you charge.

38744673_467968140280416_940773884238495744_n.jpg