Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lake Hills, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great. Fence now down.

5805CA42-53B5-4903-8E98-4ACF6C314E8A.jpeg

Still no meter

276ABFAB-AEEF-4BFA-BFE6-5F4DA2EAE163.jpeg

Still not connected to service. Empty conduit running up the utility pole behind the site.

3B4AC231-7AD5-44D8-961F-CB8BF81D2A94.jpeg

Looks like it’s in the hands of Austin Energy at this point!

Does this mean they didn’t have an approved permit already? Any time estimate for the city?
This specific permit is for Austin Energy. Final inspection in the permit says its scheduled for the 28th. Doesn't mean that's when it'll open. It has to pass inspection and then I'm guessing Tesla has to do some sort of testing. Del Valle had their inspection scheduled for the 23rd, but it failed so the date on the permit is no guarantee.

This specific permit is for Austin Energy. Final inspection in the permit says its scheduled for the 28th. Doesn't mean that's when it'll open. It has to pass inspection and then I'm guessing Tesla has to do some sort of testing. Del Valle had their inspection scheduled for the 23rd, but it failed so the date on the permit is no guarantee.
Thanks. Can’t see how it can pass final inspection Tuesday without a meter, though.

Lol, they really had to put the '1/2' didn't they?
I assume you're talking about the street address (ie. 701 1/2 S Capitol of Texas Hwy NB). I've lived a few places and seen a lot of that. It happens when addresses are assigned on a street and you need to "insert" a new address between 2 others with consecutive even or odd numbers. In this case, I'm guessing that 701 and 703 exist already and this new address can't be 702 which is on the other side of the street (and might be occupied anyhow). The Supercharger site will have a street address as a power customer, but it will have a separate billing address etc. - no mailbox. You will also see this at sewage and freshwater pump stations, radio transmitters, traffic lights (sometimes) and other things needing power at an address.

The street numbering system was defined long before the days of GPS and competing navigation systems.

So if they energize tomorrow (Sat) when will we be able to charge? I am thinking there is likely a testing procedure...?
I would think a week or so for testing? I think thats how long Johnson City took.

Unfortunately status changed again. Tesla loves playing with our emotions 🥴

Last ActionRejected By Distribution STE2449 Date Time: 2022-03-10T13:08:53 - Work Request Incomplete - primary riser not built yet, so can not energize secondary.
Last Action Date2022-03-11

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9